Love Unexpected September - Labor of Love ended almost 2 years ago

What do you do for work? Is it something that you live for or are you yearning for another vocation? Let us know through your photos and you can win an exclusive La Sardina camera!

As the oft-quoted line from the movie ‘300’ goes, “What is your profession?” While some people detest the very idea of working, there is a sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction attached to it that simply cannot be replicated. Whether you’re doing something simple like flipping burgers or running a whole country as the president, there needs to be pride in your work.

This month, we want to see the work you love or at the very least, the job you aspire to have. We at Lomography and our hardworking friends from Virginia is for Lovers will be judging this rumble and we will be giving away ten limited edition ‘Virginia is for Lovers’ cameras. Good luck!

More about the Competition

Details:

• 10 VTC ‘Virginia is for Lovers’ cameras
  • Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
  • Upload Limit: 10 photos
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)

If you want the camera in your hands now and don’t want to wait for the winner announcements, you can purchase your own limited edition Virginia is for Lovers camera while supplies last!

written by cruzron

1. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

Oh really, it's September already? And I'm still waiting for the camera I won back in APRIL (yes, that's right) during the Love Unexpected April Rumble...

2. jeffr

jeffr

@laurasulily that's strange i got mine from Love Unexpected June last week.

3. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

@jeffr: really? lucky you. i don't know whom to ask anymore...

4. jasiehasie

jasiehasie

Hey @laurasulilly , i had the same problem with the same month of competitions :) I was very agitated and i completely lost interest in Lomo competitions because of it, but i got in touch with a gentleman called Andreas, and he was very swift to respond and very helpful- turns out my package got lost and they reimbursed me with a small piggy bank :) try it out, his email is andreas.bischoff@lomography.com

5. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

@jasiehasie: Thank you so much! I shall try it. This is the second time i had to wait more than 6 months for a camera I won on here. I'm not taking part in competitions anymore, it's no fun to be told you have won a camera and then they just wait for it to dwindle away so they don't need to award the prizes...or so it seems.

6. pierrest

pierrest

7. pierrest

pierrest

to get your groove on during september

8. walasiteodito

walasiteodito

@jeffr i won last june too, still, i haven't got my prize. @laurasulilly it's sad you got excited at first then months after still you don't have the prize. hope it arrives soon to both of us.

9. jasiehasie

jasiehasie

Just follow up @walasiteodito @laurasulilly , they cant always keep track on shipments, i was frustrated beyond myself, but this chap gave me a substantial amount of piggies and a humble apology, i ordered, and three days later my package arrived :) Maybe check your local post office as well, just in case :)

10. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

@jasiehasie, @walasiteodito : Ah thank you so much for all your efforts, I wish LSI would be like you :) No one has ever answered my requests, and I wrote this Andreas guy like you suggested and he hasn't replied either. So I guess I'm never getting my camera (btw, checking my local post office is of no use given that I have no idea if and when they've sent the package since April, and also I have to say I don't see why they can't keep track of their shipments when they use GLS - a very expensive shipping service indeed- and that they can't even tell when and where they ship? I doubt that, honestly. I think LSI just forgot about me for the second time but I can't tell why they don't bother...)

11. jasiehasie

jasiehasie

@laurasulilly pleasure! Give him a few days, he is busy, but he does reply- if he hasnt responded within a week just follow up :) dont lose hope!!! :)

12. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

@jasiehasie, @walasiteodito: The guy replied and they shipped my camera today! It worked, finally! I guess they just forgot about me...Thank you so much!

13. jeffr

jeffr

@laurasulilly glad to hear it finally worked out!

14. jasiehasie

jasiehasie

@laurasulilly Woohoo! now i cant wait to see what trouble you get up to with your new toy :)

15. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

@jeffr @jasiehasie: thanks guys! @walasiteodito: did you get yours in the meantime? mine arrived today!

16. walasiteodito

walasiteodito

@laurasulilly nope, still no, but someone emailed me regarding the competition and asking my address and telephone number so they can ship it immediately. So i guess i just have to patiently wait :)

17. freddiefaith

freddiefaith

Haha, I work in adult industry type things. I don't think photos of that may be suitable. :P

18. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

@freddiefaith : I suggest you submit it, cause I really wanna know your work environment in analogue point of view =D

19. freddiefaith

freddiefaith

With the amount of minors on this site, I would wait til I got an okay from an admin.

20. cruzron

cruzron

@freddiefaith - just try to make it look SFW-ish then it should be okay! :)

21. stonerfairy

stonerfairy

@laurasulilly @walasiteodito Hey guys!! I'm in the same boat too!! :(
    I'm not sure who to ask.. and this is so upset!!! I won few months baaaaaaaaaaaaackk!!
    GOSH!!

22. walasiteodito

walasiteodito

@stonerfairy yah you are the grand prize winner right? still no news about the prize? someone mailed me about it a few weeks ago but after that no news again. Still waiting for it.

Any news sir @cruzron ?

23. freyfrey

freyfrey

I am still waiting for a diana mini I won from last year!! I emailed about 10 people but aside from a vague "trying to sort this out" email nothing ever eventuated. I feel your pain!!

24. stonerfairy

stonerfairy

@walasiteodito yeah!! they've email me for my address and I've waited for more than 5 weeks! In fact its already 2 months now.. :(
    Still no news!!

25. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

@stonerfairy @walasiteodito @freyfrey: you guys should really mail Andreas (his mail is somewhere in a comment above), I got my camera within 2 days after mailing him. Good luck!

26. stonerfairy

stonerfairy

WOW! Thanx so much @laurasulilly I'm glad you gave me some reference! Yup I'll emai Andreas now. :)

27. saskiaboer

saskiaboer

I had the same thing, won a virginia, but didn't come for months.. just email everybody you can get your hands on and in the end they'll send you :)