Analogue Marathon 2012 – Upload Hike ended over 1 year ago

Hello everybody and welcome to Coach’s Corner, the place where we’ll tell you about the challenge set each day in the grueling, arduous, exciting and exhilarating Analogue Marathon. As you might already know, each day this week, we’ll set you a task in your LomoHome – Complete the task and you’ll automatically receive 5 Piggy Points as reward. Leap over the jump to read about today’s upload challenge!

Photo by azurblue

Day One: Upload Hike – Upload 50 Photos

This challenge runs between 12pm CET July 30th until 12pm CET July 31st

For this challenge, you must upload 50 photos or more to complete the challenge and get your 5 Piggies. We know we haven’t made it easy for you folks for the first Analogue Marathon challenge. But we also know you’re a community of hard-working snap-shooters so are confident you’ll complete Upload Hike and still have enough in you for the next task. Also remember that we will have individual achievement awards for each days challenge for the people who go furthest beyond the goals set – So if you have a whole pile of analogue snaps sitting by the computer, now is the time to upload them. If you aren’t able to make this challenge, have no fear, we’ll be back with another task for you to try! This challenge ends July 31st at 12pm CET.

*Just make sure the photos you upload are public – You can do this by ticking the box next to ‘Everyone can see the photos you upload’ in the upload section of the Lab!

Photo by bloomchen

Coach’s Corner – How to Upload a Photo

If you are new to the Lomography community, you might be looking for a few tips on how to upload your first snaps. Well, you’ve come to just the right place! Read this step-by-step guide on how to do it:

• Head to the Lomography Lab and click on the Upload tab
  • In the Upload section, click on the browse and upload button
  • Select the photo(s) you want to upload – please only upload JPGs. One side of the image – be it width or height – should be at least 576px (the bigger the better). The file size itself should not exceed 5 MB. You can select multiple images to upload more at once.
  • You can add and edit information about your newly uploaded photo(s) in the Photos section of the Lab – Here you can share information about what camera and film you took the pic with, where it was taken and even when it was taken!

Play for your Country

In addition to the individual prizes on offer for participating in the Analogue Marathon, we also have a daily country bonus offer for the country with the highest ratio of users who complete the challenge. You’ll find information on each day’s winning country in our daily Analogue Marathon update articles.

The Share and Win Race

Looking for a bonus task? Like this article by clicking the ‘like’ link below – If we hit more than 2012 likes before Friday, you’ll unlock an extra Piggy Point Prize!

*Don’t have a LomoHome yet? No problem, register here to begin your Lomography journey!

written by tomas_bates

1. maymosciaro

maymosciaro

For about a week I'm not able to upload any photos into my lab!!!!!
    what is going on?!

2. saidseni

saidseni

Is there a status check?

3. tomas_bates

tomas_bates

@saidseni - yes, if you head to the Lomography cover page when signed it, you should be able to see how far you are into completing the challenge :-)

4. saidseni

saidseni

@tomas_bates: Thanks, I've seen it! ;)

5. saidseni

saidseni

Dooone! My vacations pictures (the ones I like) weren't enough but I found extra 4 pictures that I didn't pay attention and I like. And I like piggies, so... :)

6. guanatos

guanatos

go team spain go!

7. bonzone

bonzone

I'm in!!!! :D

8. camerabrain

camerabrain

I can hardly contain myself

9. camerabrain

camerabrain

I can hardly contain myself

10. cutebun

cutebun

I uploaded 80 but only 40 showed up?

11. boomerang

boomerang

Done!

12. pattyequalsawesome

pattyequalsawesome

Uploading now :) haven't done so in ages - good motivation!

13. bribri89

bribri89

i forgot it... i have more that 50 pics to upload... ='(

14. nuo2x2

nuo2x2

great event to make a noob like me get into gear and start uploading here ^^b

15. civcivli

civcivli

okay, now i'm ready for the next challenge :D

16. kelly_panda

kelly_panda

Uploaded 50 photos earlier, just in time for the deadline and initially had a little tick in the box but now it's a little cross. What's that about?

17. vicker313

vicker313

i am also getting this problem, earlier still showing 54 photos and a tick, but now change to 49 photos and a cross. please help to look into it...

18. andpoto501

vamos!

19. abbsterocity

abbsterocity

I missed this one! But I did finish the Likes challenge!

over 1 year ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 日本語 & Deutsch.