We can't make you a rock star, but we can offer you the chance to make one of your photographs the cover art for an iTunes album. Interested? Take a look after the jump for more details.
Some months ago, Lomography and Italian music label IRMA Records joined forces to create Photogenic Collection, a compilation of 20 dance songs, which you can get via Itunes Japan. We thought, what better way to illustrate this collection than with a lovely Lomograph? So in March, we ran our first successful competition and found a wonderful lomograph to grace the cover of the album.
The second compilation, titled Photogenic Collection: Remember Summer will soon be released, and we need more amazing images to grace the cover. So, do you think you have what it takes to be an album cover artist? Show us what you’ve got because as a special bonus, this album will come with a digital booklet, so your photo can be chosen for that as well!
As the theme of the album will be remember summer, let’s get creative and fun. Got a sea or landscape image you think represents the easy going vibe of the summer months? Really, anything goes, what does summer mean to you?
- Don’t forget the theme of the competition is Remember Summer
- Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Upload Limit: 10
- Prizes: Grand Prize Winner*: All the songs in the album & Digital Booklet
20 Runners Up: Your photo will be published in the Digital Booklet
- Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)
- The winners will be announced on August 8th
- The album will start to distribute on August 15th
- The winner’s photo is used only as the album cover image on iTunes Music Store, not as a cover of CD.
- Compilation album is available only in the Japanese iTunes Store
The winner’s photo will be used as below.