Alright! Here's something fresh for all you guys! Lomography and online cinema community, MUBI bring you this special rumble! Fire up your cameras because we want you to incorporate a playful pattern into your pretty photographs. So show us dot winning photo! Read more after the jump!
Polkadots… who can’t resist this charming pattern? It can be childish, it can be sophisticated. Both pop and fashionable. It’s so versatile. And with versatility in mind, this free-for-all rumble is for everyone with any analogue camera. For this rumble, we ask you something simple. Submit photographs with dots… lots of dots! And there are lots of ways to produce lots of dots! Multiple exposures, masks, bokehs, shooting patterns, lights, etc… you name it! So go nuts and be creative! The best photos win exciting prizes from both Lomography and MUBI.
What is MUBI?
MUBI is your online cinema, anytime, anywhere. MUBI will give you the latest buzz from the Cannes Film Festival or a restored masterpiece personally chosen by Martin Scorsese (he’s a member, too!). A social network that can let you find a visual gem that will definitely not be released in the local multiplex, and allows you to find a girl in Tokyo who loves Kubrick (she actually exists, her name is Yuko and she’s into Wong Kar-Wai too…). MUBI invites you to watch, discover and share visionary films from all over the world.
- Prize(s): 1 grand winner of 1 month subscription to MUBI + 25 Piggies and 4 runners up of 1 month subscription to MUBI.
- Don’t forget that the theme is Dots
- Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Upload Limit: 3 photos
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px.
- Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags).
- Deadline of submission is on May 19, 2012.
Have fun shooting!
For more information on MUBI, you may visit their website at www.mubi.com.