Like It Like That! Rumble ended about 2 years ago

Have you spotted interesting lately something like an article you enjoyed reading? Or maybe you’ve seen a photo of your Lomographic crush you totally adore and felt you’re obliged to click that ‘like’ button?

Photo by filby

If your answer is a big and screaming YES, then this rumble is for you!

After spending a lot time in front of the computer while rummaging around all the analogue goodies to be found in our Lomography website, evidently, you’ve been enjoying too much with the spectacle that’s been popping up on your computer screen with every click! And upon realisation, you’re feverishly pushing that blue chunk of a button and ended up liking everything!

It’s not that we’re saying it’s something of a bad thing and you should stop, in fact, you might be one of our forerunners for this rumble! Starting today until then end of this week, we will pick the top 3 Likers and each will get 15 Piggies each! It’s that easy, so go ahead and like anything you fancy, now!

written by fookshit

1. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

Wow, tough competition. At the other word, the most photo likers of March 2012 will get 15 piggies? =D

2. bonzone

bonzone

yeahhh

3. lighttomysoul

lighttomysoul

baaaaaahhhhhh! this means everyone will just run around and hit Like without maybe actually liking it. no me gusta.

4. emilios

emilios

5. ghostblastoise

ghostblastoise

Sounds fun if people play it fairly.

6. space_they_cannot_touch

space_they_cannot_touch

I'd prefer if people actually looked at my photos. instead I sometimes even get likes for photos that don't even show because of some problem with the website.

7. bloomchen

bloomchen

@lighttomysoul @emilios @space_they_cannot_touch: agree! no rumble i like. if everyone klicks on the like button like there is no tomorrow the "like" is nothing worth. there are pics i like and others i don´t. getting credit for making no difference is: b - u - u - h!

8. lakandula

lakandula

There's nothing wrong with people liking photos if they truly like them. But I'm afraid this rumble will just encourage indiscriminate liking which does not help the lomographer. The consequence could be a rise in popular photos not out of the merit of the shots but simply because people 'just had to like them' for the sake of piggies. It's like selling your soul for 15 piggies. To those who'll visit my lomohome and like my lomographs I sincerely hope you will do so out of genuine appreciation. Comments (positive or negative) for me are more preferable. Peace to all!

9. saidseni

saidseni

I like the previous comments. :)

10. aprilrich427

aprilrich427

this is perfect timing for me, i have been busy and havent been looking at other lomographer's pictures, its now the perfect time to catch up! :)

11. welland

welland

Yeah sorry lomogang this is just an excuse for the noobs to run round clicking on everything they see, what will happen then is those pics (typically their mates) will get on the popular page when maybe they are not the best of what we can do.

12. carlota_nonnumquam

carlota_nonnumquam

@lighttomysoul @emilios @space_they_cannot_touch @bloomchen I agree with everything you guys have said too. I've had people like ALL of my photos within the same minutes, which shows that they didn't even look at them. I don't like that at all, when I like something it's because I really like it and I'd like to know that if someone liked my photos it is because they really liked them too not because they want to win an award. This rumble will just encourage people to like everything without even paying attention to the photos!

13. carlota_nonnumquam

carlota_nonnumquam

@lakandula yep, spot on, totally agree with you!

14. dunkeldegu

dunkeldegu

My first thought was also that people will start clicking without looking at the actual pictures, but reading those comments I start to believe that the lomographers are trustworthy and fair :)

15. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

I think it's very hard to know that why people like your photo in this site, because there are so many people in here & it's impossible for me for asking them one by one =D And maybe that's why also I announce my photo at shoutbox. So, let loose & don't take it like & shoutbox too seriously. CMIIW ^_^

16. yopanic

yopanic

@lighttomysoul @emilios @space_they_cannot_touch @bloomchen I agree with you, guys & girls...

17. carolin

carolin

I have a lot of lomohomes for visit: I was on vacation and couldn't look pictures in a while :)

18. ariannapaloma

ariannapaloma

i love browsing around lomography website and spot amazing pics. so i think that, if we play it fairly, this rumble can be just another excuse to go around and discover more pics!
    don't let the lomo spirit die!!

19. badjuju

badjuju

Feel free to browse mine :D

20. omgitsacow

omgitsacow

would people actually be that greedy to get piggies? >_>

21. kleeblatt

kleeblatt

this doesn`t make any sense :-( .. sorry , but the blue button means "I like this" and NOT "I want those piggies" . I only click on it , when I like a photo and I want others to be fair & honest , too .

22. jasiehasie

jasiehasie

Well at least it seems like the majority of lomographers are honest and act with integrity :) So we should be alright then, right?!

23. space_they_cannot_touch

space_they_cannot_touch

of course we're alright. there's an awful lot of amazing people here who make time to browse through peoples' pictures and it makes me smile everytime I get a thoughtful comment and I'm happy to look through their photos as well and discover great stuff but unfortutately with this competition, none of those true lomo lovers will be rewarded but instead the people who like every photo of everyone so that at least some of these people feel obliged to give likes back. it's like walking up to every single person in the street, telling them you love them just so you'd eventually get laid ;)
    it's just sad, that's all I'm saying.

24. jeffr

jeffr

@space_they_cannot_touch wait, does that actually work about walking up to strangers?? haha jk. :)

25. deja-mew

deja-mew

I agree with the worry about people just like-spamming. However, I do not do that, and will not just to have a chance at winning this rumble. I spend a lot of time on here liking photos, articles, and faq answers, but only when they are truly helpful, interesting, or wonderful. [: I may not win, but that's life.

26. space_they_cannot_touch

space_they_cannot_touch

@jeffr actually I think one guy wrote a book or an article about, how he got 100 women to agree to sleep with him, just by walking up to them in the street and asking them if they wanted to.

27. jeffr

jeffr

@space_they_cannot_touch well i guess i have a mission today :D

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Italiano.