Petzval_header_october_2014

'What My Lomo Compact Automat Means to Me' Rumble ended over 2 years ago

To celebrate another addition to the ever growing family of Lomography cameras, particularly the LC-A family, we would like to invite you to this rumble where we ask what your LC-A means to you.

Photo by ripsta

You can’t go wrong with the LC-A. Oozing with awesomeness, this quality camera is a testament to how fun shooting photographs (or lomographs) can be. And over the course of almost three decades, we have seen quite a number of delicious designs. Our latest addition, the LC-A+ Silver Lake, is a stylish one and will definitely knock your socks off!

In celebration of the LC-A+ Silver Lake and LC-A’s heritage of 28 gloriously analogue years (and counting), we ask: what does your LC-A mean to you? We want you to submit one photo showing your love for the camera that started the Lomo revolution. You can use any camera from the LC-A family (LC-A, LC-A+, LC-A+ RL, and even the LC-Wide). Also, write a short description as to why you love the LC-A and what it means to you. We will choose one grand winner and three runner-ups.

Details:

• Prizes: 1 grand winner of 20 Piggies and 3 winners of 10 Piggies each
  • Film/Camera Type: Analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
  • Photo must be in shot using the LC-A, LC-A+, LC-A+ RL, or the LC-Wide
  • Upload limit: 1 photo only
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height
  • Meta data must be complete: Camera, film, location, 3 tags
  • Keep in mind the theme “What does your LC-A mean to you?”
  • Do not forget to write a description answering the theme question.
  • Deadline of submission is on March 20, 2012.

written by nyebe

1. sirio174

sirio174

Lomo LC-A is great for me to capture the decisive moment in a colorful way, as in my photo taken during my bicycle touring in Swizerland!

2. hanibale

hanibale

:( I do not yet have LC-A :(((

3. marjanbuning

marjanbuning

What about the praktica cx-1 it is the grandfather of all lomo-lca camera's

4. grad

grad

LC-A it's a basis, it's life. LC-A is your best friend who is with you in joy and in sorrow.

5. szzs

szzs

LC-A is part of my life...

6. gionnired

gionnired

Lomo LC-Wide is perfect for capture every moment in an epic and super wide way!

7. superlighter

superlighter

Lightweight, pocket-sized, always ready at any time, day and night. LC-A for me is Freedom! And can turns the ordinary into the extraordinary.

8. volker-jp

volker-jp

...a relationship for life. sometimes a love hate relationship,... my addiction ...but I can't live without this lady and I don't want to...In 3 1/2 hours (03:30 in the morning) we'll go out for an early early morning walk to catch some good stuff!

9. jorgesato

jorgesato

I love LC-A because it gives us the power of create realities. It's pure creativity in our hand.

10. cassidy

cassidy

The LC-A+ means spontaneous laughter,
    Captured.

11. 134340

134340

LC-A+ is my happiness and love! :)

12. myvitaminx

myvitaminx

i love lc-a coz i just want to shoot something that interesting to me.I dont bother what other people think,speak or see..I DO NOT SEEK PERFECTION!

13. blurry

blurry

LCA means identity, represents an important part of me. :)

14. jojo8785

jojo8785

My LC-Wide means that I can take perfectly exposed wide-angled, overlapped, panoramic shots of my furry feline children!

15. johann_affendy

johann_affendy

As a Lomographer I'm not looking for perfection, but it is the perfect camera for all occasions! Compact, subtle and fast; the LC-A is the epitome of Lomography.

16. achocolatemoose

achocolatemoose

The only travel partner you absolutely need to have! Lightweight, small and versatile he will NEVER, ever, every let you down!

17. carlogreco

carlogreco

Per me significa fotografia vera, la creatività, l'attesa del risultato, l'amore per l'arte del creare immagine, si decisamente creatività pura!
  18. heart2heart

heart2heart

LC-A+ Is My Best Friend!

19. wuanjia

wuanjia

LC-A+ is like my family member who spend our time together no matter how bad situation is :)

20. darwin1974

darwin1974

LCA+ is for me just freedom, happyness, fun, love, is my best friend, my partner in travels, is part of me and I don´t know life without her, because my LCA is a girl, a very pretty and lovely girl.

21. 400-asa

400-asa

I love the LCA+ because he's so small.shooting with is like a game.
    I can take it everywhere and shoot like i want.it's automatic exposure guaranty always good exposition.

22. tb

tb

ЛК-А helps me to find love along with the city's crazy rhytm

23. luba

luba

My LC-A shares with me its own view of the world.

24. superkulisap

superkulisap

@lsi should we put our 'short description' in this comment box or should we edit the description of the photo being submitted?

25. sara81

sara81

It`s an addiction to take pictures with my LC-A

26. panelomo

panelomo

the camera for ALL seasons.

27. ihave2pillows

ihave2pillows

The LC-A+ is so easy to use, it frees my mind to go experimenting and trying new compositions, rather than having to figure out how to operate the camera "properly"

28. lung6

lung6

Hi guys, Ive submitted a photo for this competition but i didn't put "what the LC-A means to you" in the description. So, i've left it in the comment section for that photo. Is it alright?
  29. rav_bunneh

rav_bunneh

I <3 my LC-A RL!! To me the LC-A is simply fast and fun. It allows me to capture life on film and enjoy the art of film photography.

30. johann_affendy

johann_affendy

@superkulisap @lung6 i'm also quite confused. where should we put the description?

31. lung6

lung6

@johann_affendy I've no idea.
  32. superkulisap

superkulisap

@johann_affendy @lung6 since everybody is putting their description here, I guess that should answer our question.

33. gia_dada

gia_dada

My LC-A never let me feel alone. I need her, she needs me.

34. elvismartinezsmith

elvismartinezsmith

I love the LC-A as it turns common life scenes into dreamy, surreal, fantastic stories

35. scrabbyknees

scrabbyknees

the LC-Wide to me is the camera that lets me capture the most unforgettable moments in my life- those most precious, most dear to me. The people, things, places; the moments.

36. litleandi

litleandi

my LC-W is an extention of me. it fits perectly in my hand and it know how to capture those extra special moments through photo more beautifully than my own mind is able to.

37. nyebe

nyebe

Hi guys, just a reminder, we want you to write the description in the photo that you are submitting. It would be hard (and weird) if we have to check your photo description in the comments section. Thanks! :)

38. johann_affendy

johann_affendy

done! thanks for the heads up @nyebe

39. qrro

qrro

my LC-A+ is my plastic girlfriend!

40. ridwanfals

ridwanfals

LC-A+ is a beautiful cameras... and i'm lovin it

41. aceradendesenasuria

LC-A+ is like a human. every single human named it (he or she). its more than girlfriend you know ^^
  42. myvitaminx

myvitaminx

@nyebe dude why dont u edit the post back.easier for others instead put it on the comment!:D

43. bloomchen

bloomchen

the LC-A was the first camera i bought ever! end of the 90s i wanted to document everything that happened to me and this camera was just perfect. it changed my life and i´m not kidding. even in times when digital was something anyyone and his mother did i pulled out my LC-A at a wedding or the birth of my son. and: it never let me down. even my girlfriend was infected by my lomo-virus. but later on she went on to digital and let me do the analogue part. and i´m happy with my role.

44. therip

therip

i have the camera since three weeks and i'm absolutly in love with it....:)

45. kiri-girl

kiri-girl

is life.

46. fish300

fish300

момент

47. jwlb

jwlb

LC-A+ makes every 'normal' picture look like a professional one :)

48. jwlb

jwlb

LC-A+ makes every 'normal' picture look like a professional one :)

49. jwlb

jwlb

LC-A+ makes every 'normal' picture look like a professional one :)

50. jwlb

jwlb

LC-A+ makes every 'normal' picture look like a professional one :)

51. lakandula

lakandula

LCA+ is like a magical camera that transforms what could be an ordinary photograph into a very special memory.

52. coolsigg

coolsigg

My LCW helps me reach for greater heights and explore new angles in Lomography! :)

53. mafiosa

mafiosa

The LC-A+ is the BFF of lomographic cameras. It's reliable. It's always there for me when I need it.

54. superkulisap

superkulisap

The LC-A+ means a lot of endless possibilities. It's capable of shooting anything your brain can think of.

55. xmaryx

xmaryx

LC-W - to me is an inspiration. It takes away my breath in every picture. A long lomowalk alone with my LC-W is one of the way that can cheer me up when im feeling down. so yeah, basically, LC-W has become a part of my life and i love it!

56. supervision

supervision

You do not have to explain what the LC-A means to you. The LC-A explains it all by itself by showing the world through their eyes.

LOMO ON

57. elletra

elletra

my lc-a rl is my side-kick! it's with me always, ready to capture whatever the day has to offer. i love my little buddy :D

58. binolatte

binolatte

LC-A, my inside and outside world.