Lomo Kikuyu - Suddenly I See Rumble ended over 2 years ago

Our eyes, which serve as the vital instrument in taking Lomographs, are often taken for granted. Let's try to change that, shall we? Let's celebrate the gift of eyesight together with the Lomo Kikuyu project!

Do you ever wonder what would it be like to live your life in darkness, and then to open your eyes for the first time? I’d imagine it to be quite exhilarating, as all the different colors and all the unique sights enchant your senses. That’s what the Lomo Kikuyu Project is all about.

In celebration of the over 1,000 Kikuyu that have received the gift of sight, we’d like for you guys to submit images that you would show someone who just had his eyes opened for the first time. Would it be an expansive seaside vista, the Statue of Liberty, or a simple mirror, so that they can see themselves for the first time?

Details:

• Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated. Please keep the theme in mind.
  • Upload Limit: 1 photo only so make it count!
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)

Prizes:

We will select 10 winners who will receive:

• “Eye Sight”: A 30 EUR donation in your name to a patient for their cataract surgery, so that they can see.
  • 1 x Lomo Kikuyu Book

Read more about the Kikuyu Projects

written by cruzron

1. asweare

asweare

This is so sweet loveing it ^^

2. reneg88

reneg88

and what are the prizes? :)

3. tsingtao

tsingtao

The prizes??

4. gabysalas

gabysalas

@reneg88 there are no prizes for this competition, you can either choose to participate or not.

5. myvitaminx

myvitaminx

piggy?

6. pinkpix

pinkpix

I would let them see the persons they loved. But of course I don't have pictures of those people ;)

7. 134340

134340

Sweet rumble :)

8. ornella

ornella

very nice :)

9. ihave2pillows

ihave2pillows

What a great cause! What a great Rumble. How very thoughtful :)

10. explorette

explorette

This is a very good rumble. I have recently been diagnosed with an eye disease which (very very small % chance) could make me go blinde so I for one really do love my eyes and don't take them for granted.

11. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

@explorette : I will pray for your health. I know what it's like, because I saw them everyday, but never help them across the street. I don't know, I just hate myself because I don't have innitiative to do that :(

12. namwann_piz

namwann_piz

best rumble ever :)

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Spanish, Nederlands & Československy.