Petzval_header_october_2014

Seoul All Around You Competition ended almost 3 years ago

The bustling and ever evolving city of Seoul is one of the most beautiful places on earth - Take part in this fantastic competition in association with the Seoul Metropolitan Government and you could win a trip there and see for yourself!

A constantly evolving metropolis, Seoul, the capital city of the Republic of Korea, is a Lomographer’s playground . Lomography, together with the Seoul Metropolitan Government, want to share the majesty of this hidden city through a series of exciting competitions – Welcome to the Seoul All Around You Competition!

Seoul can’t just be found in Seoul, it can be found everywhere. For the first stage of the competition, we want you to go out into your city and find a taste of the city wherever you can. It could be a Korean restaurant, some friends training at your local Taekwondo club, your friendly Korean neighbors waving good morning – even a Hyundai car racing down the street! Seoul is everywhere; it’s up to you to find it. So come on and submit your best Seoul-inspired photos!

If you’ve been to Seoul before, now is also the time to geotag your photos and send in your best LomoLocations, about the city – They could be part of the Lomography City Guide Seoul due to be released in 2012! You can read more about submitting a LomoLocation here

Prizing

For each stage of the contest, there will be 1 grand prize winner who wins a trip for 2 persons to Seoul and a special Seoul edition La Sardina camera (due to be released in 2012). These trips include a minimum stay of 5 nights in Seoul; return flights; airport transfers, as well as hotel accommodation. There will also be 9 runners-up who will each win a Seoul edition La Sardina camera!

Requirements:

Ready to submit your photos in the hope of winning these amazing prizes? Be sure to submit photos at least 1220px in width/height and there’s a submission limit of 10 photos per category. Please read the rules carefully, to make sure that your entries will be eligible to win covetable prizes from the Seoul Metropolitan Government and Lomography!

• Sort through your photos and pick the best ones thoroughly and thoughtfully.
  • Film/Camera Type: any kind of film / analogue camera – standard 35mm or 120 format preferred, not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
  • Deadline for submissions are as follows:
    Stage One – Seoul All Around You: From October 31, 2011 to November 20, 2011
    Stage Two – Seoul Kitchen: From November 21 to December 11, 2011
    Stage Three – S-E-O-U-L: From December 12 to December 30, 2011
  • Make sure that they are relevant to the (sub-category) themes, and upload them to the correct sub-category! Do not upload the same pictures to multiple stages or irrelevant pictures, you will be excluded from the competition.
  • Make sure to geotag all your pictures
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: submissions must be at least 1220px in either width or height, larger dimensions are welcome
  • No visible borders or watermarks, etc.
  • This competition will be held in three stages, make sure to upload your images to the correct competition in order to qualify!
  • Winners shall be able to travel to Seoul, Korea in the end of 2011 and beginning of 2012 to take part in the event.
  • Winners must have all documents necessary to travel to Seoul, Korea, including authorizations of any kind. All entrants, particularly minors, are responsible for ensuring their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country.
  • Winners will be announced through a blog posting on the Lomography website shortly after the stages deadline.
  • Winners will get a message via their LomoHome which they have to reply to within 5 working days. If not, we will have to contact another winner.
  • By participating in this competition you agree on all terms & conditions

More About the Seoul All Around You Competition

written by cruzron

1. aprilrich427

aprilrich427

ahh!!! this is so cool! my boyfriend lives in seoul.. i wanna go!

2. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

that is sooo cool! my mother is korean, haven't been there in 12 years though, because it's just too expensive for me to handle. how i wish i could see my family again!

3. antibiotyx

antibiotyx

time to shoot! :)

4. lihooi

lihooi

saranghaeyo seoul!! XD

5. emceehan

Why did I get my Diana F+ after I moved back home from Seoul!!! ;_; Well I accept this challenge and will be putting my Korean knowledge to the test!
  6. syzygy

syzygy

Omg, this would be a dream come true!!

7. cruzron

cruzron

8. maraya

maraya

@everyone Don't forget to geotag your pictures (http://www.lomography.com/magazine/nearby) to have a chance to win the prizes. And perhaps even turn them into LomoLocations so some day they can be part of a Lomography City Guide!
  9. chineboy359

How do i submit my photo to this competition? What do you mean by "Make sure that they are relevant to the (sub-category) themes, and upload them to the correct sub-category!" ?? Does that just means tagging the picture? I have already uploaded my photo to the lab. But it's not appearing under the submission page. Am I suppose to wait for page update or what?
  10. neja

neja

I spent a day today photographing Korean community of London. I hope there is a winning picture among 3 rolls I did! Always wanted to go to Seoul....

11. lavinia-coxi

This is great!!! :DDDD
  12. agnie

I saw that contestants should be not over 19 y.o. but what if I am 18 y.o. in my country and already 19 in Korea? I was born in 1993 October. Could I still participate?
  13. agnie

I saw that contestants that are under 19 y.o. are not allowed, but what if I am 18 y.o. in my country and already 19 in Korea? I was born in 1993 October. Could I still participate? (sorry for the double post)
  14. maraya

maraya

@agnie, it is important that you are 19 years old when you would go on a trip to Seoul in the beginning of 2011
  15. maraya

maraya

@chineboy359 It is important that you only update pictures that would fit to the competition theme. You don't have the tag the theme of the picture, we only want you to geotag the pictures so we know where you shot the photo. If the location is in Seoul, we might even include it in our Lomography Seoul City Guide next year. Did you try to upload your pictures via: http://seoul.lomography.com/submit/seoul-all-around-you
  16. whithans

whithans

When are the photo winners announced??? I can't wait! :)
  17. yokekei

yokekei

Hi @cruzron, may I know when will Lomography launch Lomography City Guide Seoul? As what mentioned on article it should be launch at year 2012. I am still waiting for it. Thanks

over 1 year ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Français, ภาษาไทย, Русский, 日本語 & Československy.