Manchester calling you for Lomowall submissions! ended over 2 years ago

Time to start submitting for our beautiful Lomowall in Manchester!

We’ve all seen the I <3 MCR campaign around Manchester and now Lomography wants you to show us your love for Manchester. If you haven’t already heard (where have you been?!) we’re in the process of opening up our first Lomograpy Gallery Store outside of London and Manchester is the chosen city!

As the main feature of all of our stores, the Lomowall will take up a huge space in our new store and we want it to feature YOUR photos of Manchester. So if you’ve been out snapping around the city, send us your favourite pictures and you could see it featured in prime position on our wall! And if you haven’t got any…GET SNAPPING! What better reason?

The rules

• Sort through your photos and pick the best ones thoroughly and thoughtfully.

• Film/Camera Type: any kind of film / analogue camera can be used but standard 35mm or 120 format are preferred. (nothing should be digitally enhanced or manipulated.)

• Minimum Photo Dimensions: submissions must be at least 1220px in either width or height, larger dimensions are welcome

• No visible borders or watermarks, etc.

And of course every Lomographer whose photos get chosen for the lomowall will get 5 piggy points credited to their account!

Ready, steady, go!

written by asya

1. plaidleaf

plaidleaf

2. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

WHEEE!!!!!

3. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

YAY!

4. welland

welland

I have none from Manchester! I will make a trip soon for work so ill make sure to stop off at the gallery. Please open one in Brighton though! Its perfect for it!

5. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@welland - Not Brighton - It is so close to London, it is all about Leeds!!! Fashion capital of the UK!

6. welland

welland

@kneehigh85 is it really the fashion capital?!

7. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@welland - according to a recent thing in Vogue I think it was, Leeds knocked London off the top spot! Little old me, buying my clothes on ebay and in Asda George are probably the main reason for that. . . . .

8. explorette

explorette

oooh thanks for using one of my pics on here :)

9. johnccc

johnccc

I've got 400+ photos from Manchester , so it was hard to choose !

10. cinzinc

cinzinc

done! =)

11. dkformsma

dkformsma

Uploaded my favourite 40! Whoohoo! Can finally put all my Manc pics to good use. Hope you'll pick some of them. Good luck everyone!

12. twizzer88

twizzer88

How about photos of Greater manchester too? :)

13. easilydistracted

easilydistracted

thank you for using one of my pics too - just submitted more :)

14. twizzer88

twizzer88

I'll take the silence as a yes ;) Very excited about the lomo shop coming to Manc!

15. welland

welland

There are some photos being submitted that are blatently not Manchester!!

16. welland

welland

There are some photos being submitted that are blatently not Manchester!!

17. diy

diy

Submitted a few! My friend applied for a job in the Lomo shop, but didn't get it :(

18. aguigabriela

aguigabriela

I NEED TO GET MY LOMOGRAPHS THERE! I am Venezuelan but I lived one year in MCR, mi first lomo cameras were bought there, my friends are there, one I love is there! Submitted 40/40 (but made a mistake in the first ones, I sent a lomograph from Berlin and i don't know how to undo the submission).

19. tomkiddo

tomkiddo

photos taken in manchester only?

20. nishichauhan

nishichauhan

Done!

21. jennysparkle

jennysparkle

Excited is not the word!

22. jennysparkle

jennysparkle

Just a quick question, do theses shots have to be of Manchester or taken in Manchester, I have uploaded shots taken in and around manchester but some that have been submitted seem to be from all over the world?

23. lu_lu

lu_lu

So when does the shop open, I've seen the shutters up on the new shop but the interior is blocked out with lomo posters

24. diy

diy

I walked past it yesterday and the shutters were down! I wanted to take a picture of it but was denied :(

25. diy

diy

A Girl i work with, her boyfriend went to apply and they told him a mid November for a opening date.

26. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@asya when will we get a list of winners and the piggies for this?