Community_cup_july_2014
0 : 5

Monday 12:00 CET to Tuesday 12:00 CET – Build 5 LomoWalls which represent your love for analogue – Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 1

Tuesday 12:00 CET to Wednesday 12:00 CET – Write a blog entry about why you love analogue photography – Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 50

Wednesday 12:00 CET to Thursday 12:00 CET – Upload 50 Photos - Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 1

Thursday 12:00 CET to Sunday 21:00 CET – Who do you think will win the huge climax to the football fiesta in Brazil? Take a lucky strike and make your guess in our magazine article - Reward: 10 Piggies

Reach for the Stars Rumble ended over 2 years ago

Don't you just love the otherworldly feeling of shooting beneath the subdued light of the stars? Well, this rumble is perfect for you, my dear space man!

Photo by: blueskyandhardrock

To round up our space-themed articles for this week, let’s have a little rumble that’s more than the usual, shall we? We challenge you guys to get out of your comfort zone, drive out to somewhere secluded, and shoot star trails! What are star trails, you ask? No need to look further as we’ve got two Tipsters right here on how to do it: How to Use the Earth’s Rotation to Your Advantage and A Beginner’s Guide to Star Trail Photography. We’re gonna give you guys a month to shoot those awesome long exposures. For now, reach for the stars!

Details:

Prize(s): 1 grand winner of 15 Piggies and 3 runners-up of 10 Piggies. All winners will receive a special award badge straight to their LomoHomes
Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated. Please keep in mind of our star trail theme.
Upload Limit: 10 photos.
Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)

written by cruzron

1. saidseni

saidseni

Oooh! I love star trails! My pictures aren't that great but I'll submit anyway. :)))) And maybe I manage to go somewhere I can shoot more... 1 month, 10 pictures, niiice! ;)

2. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

Challenging

3. eastmoe

eastmoe

i do not have star trail picture yet..i should try this..

4. myloveletter

myloveletter

awesome picture, Michelle! WoW! I wouldn't expect anything less from you... I might even try this myself... hhmmm.... I used to want to be an astronaut. Used to as in I didn't give up until I was 20. Any ex wanna be astronaut I guess should try this!

5. pyromonkey333

pyromonkey333

this is a awesome competition (: am in

6. stratski

stratski

Ooo, going hiking in Dartmoor in a few weeks, should be dark enough there. Here's hoping for some clear nights!

7. clownshoes

clownshoes

Perfect reason to go have a reshoot

8. tourmala

tourmala

Oooh, this sounds like fun!
  9. viltsu

viltsu

I'm so in on this! :) awesome!

10. kamiraze

kamiraze

Perfect competition for me :D I <3 startrails

11. analogeyes

analogeyes

there is a meteor shower going on right now and another starting nov 5th! set your cameras to 'bulb' and look up!

12. hannah-dylan

this looks so cool, but im too lazy and can't drive. haha
  13. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

Shot anout 5 rolls and ran over to HEB to develop. as it turns out it closed down literally minutes before i arrived. Then i was &quot;escorted&quot; out because i was screaming:&quot;FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. motionpicture

motionpicture

Argh, so many cloudy nights, I've only been able to get out for a shoot once and even then the clouds rolled in after an hour. My exposures mostly averaged about 20mins.