Nostalgia is one of the reasons why we all stick to film. One of the things which is always connected with that is handwritten postcards. And that's why we're bringing you a brand new contest, Nostagia : Film & Ink Rumble.
One thing that connects us all is letters. Our forefathers have written letters and so have we. But somewhere in this world of technology, we’ve forgotten to write like we used to — with real ink and postcards. But Lomography is bringing back film & ink in a exciting new rumble.
So what’s the rumble about? And what do you need to do? Here it is. Send in 5 of your best pictures and comment on why do you love shooting in film. We’ll select the best 20 pictures from the submissions and all those 20 participants will get a batch of 20 postcards with those 20 pictures that will be selected.
So send in your pictures and get postcards to send to your friends, family and other Lomographers!
So the summary once again :
- Submit your best 5 pictures
- Comment on the rumble: why you love shooting on film
- Winners get a batch of 20 empty picture postcards to send to their friends, family and other Lomographers.
Like any call for submission, Lomography asks for just a few things:
- Sort through your photos and pick the best ones thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- Film/Camera Type: any kind of film / analogue camera can be used but standard 35mm format is preferred. (nothing should be digitally enhanced or manipulated.)
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: submissions must be at least 1220px in either width or height, larger dimensions are welcome since we will need high resolution images to print them on postcards.
- No visible borders or watermarks, etc.
- Upload limit : 5 pictures per Lomographer