Trees! Plants! Coral! Wildlife! Portugal. The Man and Lomography proudly present the Nature Competition – we want you to show us the best of everything nature has to offer!
Famed Portland, Oregon and Alaskan psychedelic rock band Portugal. The Man recently released their latest studio album, In the Mountain in the Cloud in July and it has been making a HUGE splash in the music scene. Now, they are looking to YOU Lomographers for even MORE natural inspiration. So, let’s get down to business.
Lomography and Portugal. The Man have joined forces to bring you one of the greenest photo competitions on Earth. We all know that Mother Nature has provided use with endless beauty all around, now we want to see your lomographic vision of the nature around YOU! Jaw dropping cliffs, forests, life underwater, flora, fauna, mountains, clouds – anything that reveals the allure of nature in your part of the world. Lomography and Portugal The Man will team up to choose the winners, with the grand prize winner receiving a personally drawn reinterpretation of their photo by The Fantastic The themselves! The Fantastic The is comprised of Portugal The Man leader singer, John Gourley, and artist, Austin Sellers.
You will have the chance to win:
There will be a 10 winners and their photos will be showcased in a photo exhibition at the Lomography Gallery Store – Greenwich Village on October 19th. JUST ONE MORE THING. Portugal. The Man and The Fantastic The, themselves, will be making an appearance and it’ll be broadcasted on uStream. How cool is that?!
One Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- Winning Photo to be Re-interpreted, Painted and Autographed by The Fantastic The
- 1 Lomography Diana Deluxe Kit
- 1 Pack of Lomography Color Negative 400 120mm
2 Runner up winners, will each receive:
7 Honorable mentions, will each receive:
- A copy of Portugal. The Man’s latest album In the Mountain, In the Cloud
- 10 Piggies
- Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Upload Limit: 5 images
- Deadline: September 26, 2011
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height. You must have a high resolution image available (minimum 300 dpi)
- After notification, winners will need to submit high res files for print.