Mephisto's September Rumble ended almost 3 years ago

Mephisto19 reminisces about Autumn and the songs of September as he thinks up of a new theme for this month's rumble! Check out the jump for details!

Photo by mephisto19

The month of September, the month, where summer becomes autumn, the time to enjoy the last bits of sun, but also the time to start thinking about the falling leaves, everything turning read and yellow and golden brown.

Thinking of a theme, a CD came to my mind: “September Songs”. A collection of songs composed by Kurt Weill. So I dug into it and found the lyrics of the title song – “September Song” (by Maxwell Anderson)

When I was a young man courting the girls
I played me a waiting game
If a maid refused me with tossing curls
I’d let the old Earth make a couple of whirls
While I plied her with tears in lieu of pearls
And as time came around she came my way
As time came around, she came

Oh, it’s a long long while from May to December
But the days grow short when you reach September
When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
And you ain’t got time for waiting game

When days dwindle down to a precious few
September November,
And these few golden days I’d share with you
Those golden days I share with you

When you meet with the young girls early in the Spring
You court them in song and rhyme
They answer with words and a clover ring
But if you could examine the goods they bring
They have little to offer but the songs they sing
And the plentiful waste of time of day
A plentiful waste of time

Oh, it’s a long, long while from May to December
But the days grow short when you reach September
When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
One hasn’t got time for the waiting game

Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few
September, November
And these few precious days I’ll spend with you
These precious days I’ll spend with you

So what is the rumble you may ask after getting all this texts?! Mephisto’s September Rumble is about change, a change in nature, leaves turning colors, it is about taking the next step, continuing, developing, it is about time to rest, to think, to harvest, about to make a cup of tea and get your gum boots out. My September Rumble is about September and autumn, but also about lyrics and music. If you can combine your photo with a song – that’d be perfect. Have you been inspired by a song or a poem to take this September photo?

I know it might be difficult as it is not a very clear theme like “take photos of cars”, but it is also a challenge.
To summ it up again: The rumble is about the month September and the inspiration by a song or poem.

Again – Please ADD ALL META DATA, so camera, film, location and at least three tags plus the text of the poem or the lyrics of a song.
Of course only analogue photos (preferred Lomography) not digitally manipulated
The submission limit for this rumble is THREE photos (as 3×3 is 9)
Winner(s) will get in total 30 piggy points, so there can be one winner of 30 piggies or 30 winners of 1 pig to show the extremes.

written by cruzron

1. saidseni

saidseni

I love that CD!!

2. mightymouse

mightymouse

You forgot the last "e" in "THEME" in the first paragraph

Mephisto19 reminisces about Autumn and the songs of September as he thinks up of a new "THEM" for this month's rumble! Check out the jump for details!

3. aalper

aalper

"Them" is a good horror movie. As for this rumble, I am going for it. September is my birthday. However, here in Florida, I am going to have to get creative...

4. artvandelay

artvandelay

@mightymouse I'm glad that I'm not the only person who noticed that lol it seems like every article I read lately has some kind of spelling error in it.

5. heavenkot

heavenkot

why the upload limit is shown as 10?

6. mephisto19

mephisto19

typos are my fault - sorry guys (@mightymouse @artvandelay ) and thanks for mentioning it....
    @heavenkot this is a mistake, the limit should be three and will hopefully be changed soon

@all: THREE photos only!

7. heavenkot

heavenkot

okey thanks)

8. curseforlifee

curseforlifee

Can I delete a pic? I uploaded 4 and I noticed afterwards that the limit is three. And is the winner the one with the most "likes" on his picture?
  9. allyb

allyb

sweet

10. mephisto19

mephisto19

@curseforlifee no, you cannot delete a picture and winners are chosen - so it is not about most comments/likes!

11. curseforlifee

curseforlifee

Okay thanks :)
  12. norweegie

norweegie

Are we meant to include the song lyrics/poem in the photo tags? LIke in the description or something?

13. realisticdreamer

realisticdreamer

Can I submit one only or do i have to submit three?

14. gelibee

gelibee

@norweegie: Please all metadata: camera, film, location and at least three tags plus the text of the poem or the lyrics of a song which you can put in the description of the photo :)

@realisticdreamer: you can submit up to three photos :)

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Nederlands.