Lomography x Black + White Photography Rumble ended over 3 years ago

We've teamed up with Black + White Photography Magazine, to bring you a monochrome rumble in which you can win a subscription to this awesome mag!

Photo by fredericdith shot on Lomography’s new Earl Grey film

Black + White Photography is dedicated to the monochrome photographer. The magazine features stunning contemporary images from some of the finest names in black & white. As well as techniques and tips, product news and reviews, every issue provides opportunities for readers to have their work published and to benefit from a variety of competitions and workshops. Black + White Photography is considered a ‘must read’ for anyone interested or working in the creative world of black & white imaging in the UK.

Win a year’s subscription to Black + White Photography
For your chance to win just upload your very best black and white photos to this rumble!
The very best photo, chosen by the editors of Black + White Photography, will win a year’s subscription. Choose either a paper copy subscription (UK only) or a Digital App version if overseas.

For those who don’t win we have a very special offer for you, subscribe to Black + White Photography magazine and save a massive 40%!
The usual price for 12 issues is £47.88 but we’re able to offer Lomography readers a huge 40% discount so you’ll pay just £28.73 for your subscription (Europe: only £35.91, Rest of the World: only £40.22). To take advantage of this great offer, either visit the website or call +44 (0)1273 488005 (using the Order Code T2863). Hurry, offer ends 31/08/2011!
N.B. If you’re interested in downloading the App version of the magazine please click here

The Rules

• Film/Camera Type: Any black and white analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
  • Upload Limit: 10 Photos
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)

Lomography’s Earl Grey is an exquisite black and white 35mm ISO 100 film that will surely give your shots an extra dose of style and class. Whether you’re taking landscapes or portraits, you will get jaw-dropping results with Earl Grey super-fine grain and wide tonal range. See our selection of Lomography films here.

written by littlemisslove

1. welland

welland

Love black and white don't shoot it enough

2. keylah

keylah

Hi, I'm new on this site and I'm just wondering what this means "Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)" -or rather just the last bit, 3 tags?
  3. parki

parki

@keylah when you log in there should be a link just under the top bar (where its says Account Settings, Notifications etc.) one of those says 'Lab' which is where you upload your lomo pics to. In there there is the option to assign cameras, locations and tags to your photos. Hope this helped! =]
  4. gelibee

gelibee

Hello @keylah! @parki is right :) Meta data also helps describe a photo and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching.

5. keylah

keylah

thank you!
  6. cassandrasilva

cassandrasilva

I'm new to this B&W film stuff, but the Earl Grey film mentioned-can this be developed with T-Maxx? I took a film photography class over the summer and just fell in love with the overall developing process. Currently, I only use Ilford HP5, but I'm very interested in expanding my horizons. Please let me know if anyone is aware of the developing qualities of Earl Grey and if have any suggestions, I'm surely open to them too!!! Thanks!
  7. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@cassandrasilva - Can't help you as I don't develop but someone wrote an article about it in the last few days and how to develop I think.

8. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

bLaCk anD WhITe iS FUn

9. welland

welland

The entries for this rumble are great, good work guys and gals

10. welland

welland

The entries for this rumble are great, good work guys and gals

11. lilo

lilo

Such luck that I just stumbled across 3 roles of Ilford XP2 film!

12. willdoney

willdoney

Right! Time to get my Diana F+ images scanned.

13. willdoney

willdoney

Right! Time to get my Diana F+ images scanned.

14. thedriver

thedriver

Dug out on infra red one!

15. eremigi

eremigi

I have been an avid B+W Photography reader for the last four years: the best magazine devoted to monochrome I have ever come across. Recommended.

16. wonderdude

wonderdude

I still have some film at the lab. I checked this article yesterday, and it said it ends in three days. Today, it says one day. I'll bet it has to do with different time zones and everything, but I'm still confused! Exactly when is the deadline to submit photos?

17. littlemisslove

littlemisslove

@wonderdude, yes indeed it is to do with time zones! this website runs on austrian time, so regardless of where in the world you are it counts austrian days and nights. The competition ends at 12.12pm on the 31st august, austrian time

18. memy_87

How i put the photo in this competition?
  19. gelibee

gelibee

@memy_87 below this article you will see "Enter this competition - you have submitted 0/10 photos so far" just select the photos you want to submit :) Just be sure to upload the photos in your LomoHome first. Goodluck!

20. memy_87

thanks you!after put the comment i sow how to do! :)