The Girl From... Rumble Winners Announcement!

They aren't from Ipanema but they sure are beautiful! We'd like to present the much awaited winners of the The Girl From... Rumble! There's a NSFW photo though so please be warned!

Photo by: katherine-longly

Yes, you’d give your heart to her gladly but each day when she walks to the sea, she looks straight ahead and not at us! So for our The Girl From… Rumble you’ll just have to content yourselves with taking photos! Here are the five Lomographers who won the challenge and get five Piggies in the process. Congrats!

Photo by crayfish
Photo by j-easy
Photo by sdzn
Photo by japsix
Photo by hstevens1

written by cruzron

1. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

Wow love the bottom one.

2. ripsta

ripsta

i love @hstevens1 pic,nice! and congrats to all also

3. bulletofmine

bulletofmine

@j-easy is really inspired me :)

4. myvitaminx

myvitaminx

great pics! @sdzn love those pic very much!

5. welland

welland

Each of these shots are incredlible

6. cyan-shine

cyan-shine

Congratulations!!

7. ashdinosaur

ashdinosaur

Yep women are nothing but "beautiful"

8. ashdinosaur

ashdinosaur

In case that comment wasn't clear enough: I think this is sexist as hell. This comment is here for anyone who thinks they might feel the same but doubts themself, or feels the same but is afraid to say it. I'll leave now and just suggest that Lomography write "women are not sex objects" on a blackboard 100 times.

9. pheebs

pheebs

@ashdinosaur: I am sorry that you feel that way. I do not think that this pictures convey that women are sex object. As a femal lomo employee I can guarantee you that lomo is not a company which tolarates sexist behaviour. Our staff is about 50:50 male:female we employ women in all departments and levels.

10. cruzron

cruzron

what about the photos say that they are sex objects?

11. roflysst

@pheebs "I do not think that this pictures convey that women are sex object." REALLY? (I have no words!) @cruzron "what about the photos say that they are sex objects?" EVERYTHING! (HELLO!)
  12. ryoapple

ryoapple

Amazing Pics!!
  13. ibiza_hippie

ibiza_hippie

As a woman, I think these photographs are beautiful!

14. freyfrey

freyfrey

I agree, as a woman I think that these women are not only very beautiful but the photos have a very feminine nature to them as well. I do not believe they are sexist at all! But I did have to urban dictionary NSFW...

15. vickyjanita

vickyjanita

jaw-dropping pictures!:D
  16. cruzron

cruzron

@freyfrey - haha at least now you know! its better to err on the side of caution. we wouldnt want members of the community getting in trouble for viewing this in work!

17. lonur

lonur

@ashdinasaur Even though the criticism sounds valid, I wouldn't go as afar as calling it sexist. I might call it objectifying, and perhaps having the equivalent rumble with good-looking men (if there were a song equivalent to "The Girl from Ipanema") would still not escape the epithet. And this is because of the nature of the act of appreciating someone's outer beauty: It is objectifying in itself. Objectifying women (and now men) is embedded in lots of cultures where western-style advertising exists, so participating in it usually seems like an ordinary thing to do. I think the rumble was just light-hearted, and it might be fair to organize another one where the subject is a man (Who's in? --I'm not). And since we're on the topic, I'd like to know what percentage of lomographers are men / women as very often the most popular photos of the day happen to have stunning women as subjects. Is it because there are so many men (and gay women?) 'liking' them? Or is it just because we all appreciate physical beauty? Or maybe men are more reluctant to pose as subjects? By the way, beautiful selection of photos!

18. lupo

lupo

Bravo J-easy !!!

19. gelibee

gelibee

Congrats! =)

20. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

WHEN WAS THIS RUMbLE!!!???? I had awesome photos...