Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

Russia Day 2012 - Show Us Some Love Rumble ended almost 2 years ago

Because we LomoLove children and Russia, we want you to follow in the footsteps of the citizens of Ulyanovsk, Russia, who on September 12th get the day off from work to create a baby boom of their own! Read after the jump for more details on our new competition with some awesome prizes up for grabs! Here's a hint, one of them is a Russian Family Van!

Photo by bdcelio

The Inspiration

We’d love to say we made this up because the idea is so far-fetched, but alas, we are just not that creative. The story goes like this… Russian Governor Sergei Morozov was facing a terrible problem. It was 2007 and numbers indicated that birthrates in his province were plummeting. Low birth rates were haunting and it seemed family values had gone out the window. So, what was a man in his position to do?

Morozov declared that September 12th would officially be “Family Contact” day; unofficially, the day is called “Conception Day.” So what did the celebrations entail? We won’t go into detail, but the idea is that on June 12th, nine months later, the county would have an expected increase in the population.

The Competition

So what does this have to do with photography and you? Well, to celebrate the birth of our brand new baby, the Russia Day Lomo LC-A+, we’ve got a totally crazy competition! And by the way, there’s no need to check your calendars, this is not an April Fool’s day prank! Here’s what we want you to do:

1. Take an analogue, romantic photo of you and your honey and submit it to this page before September 30th. Make sure the photo description has both your and your sweeties first names!
  2. Do your thing – Feel free to take pictures, just don’t upload them here, some things are meant to be private – Any person who submits a photo containing nudity will immediately be disqualified!
  3. If, nine months later on June 12th 2012, you give birth, take a picture of your precious bundle of joy, scan his or her birth certificate, and submit both to this page.

The Grand Prize

If your Russia Day LomoBaby 2012 is born before the other entrants on June 12th 2012 and you’ve followed the competition rules, you will win our grand prize, a one of a kind Russian Family Van! Don’t worry if you’re not in Russia, we’ll get the car to you!

Please Note: It should go without saying, but please do not participate in this competition with the primary motivation to win the car; participate in it because you love your partner, are a responsible adult and have already planned to have a baby. Read the full competition terms and conditions on our Russia Day Microsite

Don’t want a baby? You can still win!

Don’t worry, we also have an awesome prize which doesn’t involve having a baby! You can also take an analogue photo of you and your loved one and submit it to this competition page anytime before the end of September – The 3 photo entries that we like the most will be in with a chance of winning a totally unique prize, a Russian Scooter! Remember, your photo is going to have to be special to stand out from the crowd, so think outside the box!

Please Note: The competition winners will be announced after June 12th 2012. The second and third couple to give birth to a baby will be given priority for the scooter prize over entrants who only submit a photo in September. Read the full competition terms and conditions on our Russia Day Microsite

Please read the full terms and conditions on our Russia Day Microsite before considering taking part in the competition

Photo Upload Rules:

• Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
  • Upload Limit: 10 Photos
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)
  • Competition end date will be June 12, 2012, 23:59 GMT/UTC + 04:00 hour

Looking for Love? Head over to our Apply for a Dream Date Competition You might find a partner to help you win the Russian Family Van!

Want to get the Brand New Lomo LC-A+ Russia Day Limited Edition Camera? Head over to the shop

Competition Update: 25th May 2012

To make things extra interesting for the last couple of weeks of the competition, until June 5th we have also decided to re-open photos for consideration for our runner-up prize of a scooter. Just submit your best photo of you and your loved one (either your child or partner) to this page to be in with a chance! Remember to keep the photos love themed but not too risqué. We can’t wait to see all your brilliant new shots!

Please Note: This competition is now only open for submissions for the scooter runner-up prize. Entries for the grand-prize of the car will no longer be considered.

written by lomography

1. falsedigital

falsedigital

SO happy I don't have to make a baby to win prizes :P

2. coldkennels

coldkennels

Erm.... guys? This is pretty seedy. Seriously, a new low.

3. photohuggers

photohuggers

uoh, "a totally crazy competition" indeed.. ;) :P

4. xbalboax

xbalboax

brilliant, guess me and the mrs should of waited till september :P

5. nicolas_noir

nicolas_noir

Oh god, my wife has suggested we do this...

6. lamp

lamp

I like the first "please note"...

7. reixox

reixox

Different.
    I think I'll pass. LOL

8. maria_vlachou

maria_vlachou

no, thank you.....

9. courtneygawthorp8193

courtneygawthorp8193

I would like to be married first! LOL.

10. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

Lomo this is terribly irresponsible of you. My desire to win a car is creating an internal battle with my desire to not have children just yet!!! Ahhhhhh.

11. susielomovitz

susielomovitz

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

12. z

z

...well....i'm a child... so i guess i won't be winning this one

13. aprilrich427

aprilrich427

what the hell..

14. cacautomaz

cacautomaz

I can take pictures of a couple of friends and after nine months of their son?

15. disdis

disdis

that's a great competition! It's nice to see Lomography promote babies born!

16. disdis

disdis

my baby will be born during this period of time... can I submit and where?

17. stephaniededeyne

stephaniededeyne

????????????? nuts

18. ibkc

ibkc

I think you wacky Austrians have outdone yourselves with this one. ;)

19. babybath

babybath

Whoah whoah baby!!

20. boredbone

boredbone

llllllllllolllllllllll

21. eva_eva

eva_eva

Hahahahahahahahhahaha!

22. freyfrey

freyfrey

Oh man, I hope this makes some babies!

23. lihooi

lihooi

this is crazeeeee!! XD

24. nural

nural

but I really don't wanna have babies... this creates a dilemma!

25. dearjme

dearjme

Oh my word. This very concept lacks family values! Couples (hopefully married, settled, and committed for life) are ideally meant to procreate in their own time, for the beauty of life and fostering a solid family. Not spurred by the motivation of winning a van. What is this world coming to??

26. gabysalas

gabysalas

@dearjme: Have you had a chance to look at the terms and conditions of the competition? Take a look: http://microsites.lo(…)-conditions, we think that only people who are committed to raising a child in a responsible, loving environment should participate.

27. samguino

samguino

Hahahaha this is the weirdest competition I think I have ever seen! At least I've got 2 months to try to find someone to make babies with ;o)

28. lighttomysoul

lighttomysoul

idk guys, I think this is a weird competition and I won't be participating. good to know I'm not excluded though, since i'm gay.

29. dearjme

dearjme

@gabysalas, I did indeed read the terms, which still baffle me to think that anyone could believe that such terms could even try to justify the ridiculous motives of a couple trying to reproduce to win a van.

30. gabysalas

gabysalas

@dearjme: I am sorry you still feel this way. There are other competitions on the site you might want to take part in. Check out the competitions section: http://www.lomograph(…)ompetitions

31. gabysalas

gabysalas

@disdis, yes you may submit and you can do it here.

32. gabysalas

gabysalas

@cacautomaz: let your friends join the competition! You can work out who gets the car together!

33. mintography

mintography

Craziest competition ever! Not helping the fact that my husband and I really want babies but are trying to hold off a few more years til I finish grad school! He's sitting there next to me saying look you could get a scooter for 2nd place! You want a scooter! Ack!

34. weleasewoger72

weleasewoger72

How much do reverse vasectomys cost? Oh, hang on I can't drive. This is the strangest comp ever.

35. veato

veato

Want a CRAZY coincidence? I'm getting married on the 12th September!! What's the chances of making a baby I wonder!

36. hotweinerdog

hotweinerdog

lol-It just so happens that I am aiming to have a baby for next June. Nice timing!
  37. jarvislomo

jarvislomo

wow. babies. anyone?

38. melodamyus

melodamyus

well. if i was pregnant right now i'd want a free car.

39. badjuju

badjuju

My girlfriend and I will try our best but I think science is against us. Haha.

40. cc-in-paris

cc-in-paris

of all the reasons I'm gonna hear for having a baby over the next year, winning a rumble will definitely be the most surprising....!

we all know that NO ONE is going to make a baby just for this rumble but if anyone hits the rumble-jack-pot-date and wins a car for their luck, Mazel Tov!!!!

41. holgadd

holgadd

woohoo...!!!

42. gabysalas

gabysalas

@badjuju, take a look at the terms and conditions, there's something in there for you and your girlfriend as well.

43. badjuju

badjuju

We would love to have babies but 2012 is just too soon for us! Good luck to all participating!

44. saidseni

saidseni

Well, you never know... just in case, I'm going to upload... ;)

45. saidseni

saidseni

Upload limit is 6 or 10?

46. basterda

basterda

@saidseni: 10 :)

47. saidseni

saidseni

@basterda: Thanks! By the way, notification when you're mentioned is great! :)

48. tyler_durden

tyler_durden

I'd like to submit this picture: http://cloud.lomogra(…)3515000.jpg but it's not possible because the height (i can't click the button "submit", because I can't see it)... It's possible to submit it in another way??

49. gelibee

gelibee

Hello @tyler_durden Minimum Photo Dimensions must be at least 768px in either width or height. :) Cheers!

50. tyler_durden

tyler_durden

@gelibee thank you very much!! :-)

51. lucianalfaro

Hmmm, so, NOW I have a good reason to have babies... hehehe

52. weaver

weaver

this is just so strange. as if the world isn't battling the effects of overpopulation as is.

53. backforbreakfast

backforbreakfast

WHAAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?!

54. veato

veato

Entered!

55. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

Is it ok if I submitted my bff & his wife photo which taken by me? Because I'm single & not interested in relationship for this 2 or 3 years.

56. paytenpurdy

paytenpurdy

all these posts are so funny to read! haha. anyways, I really want to win, so is it ok if I enter 5 times trying to get 5 different womens pregnants?

57. gabysalas

gabysalas

@hervinsyah: as long as your friends are ok with it and you have all discussed how to deal with the prize, who gets it, etc. That is fine!
    @paytenpurdy: I am glad you enjoyed the post! Hopefully you were kidding with getting 5 different women pregnant. Parenting is tough enough as it is!

58. northwardnimbus

northwardnimbus

CRAZY LOMO PEOPLE! LETS FUCK!

59. bongo_biene

bongo_biene

I allways thought about.
    Waht could the reasonable reasons be to get a child?
    Now you answered this difficult question for me.
    A Car.
    A Lomo Competition.
    ...

60. veato

veato

So...... who is up the duff then ;)

61. odax

odax

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

62. kobehasanidea

kobehasanidea

Sorry! I was skimming through the article and started submitting photos! Sorry.... Don't choose me.....

63. kobehasanidea

kobehasanidea

Because I dont qualify for the competition...

64. uzan

i like it
  65. reneg88

reneg88

it's time for a fuck-a-thon! hahaha too bad i'm not ready to have kids yet :)

66. veato

veato

If no one has a baby on 12th June is that it or does the closest born baby win?

67. hhjm

hhjm

If I have my baby's birth certificate in my language (Thai ) ,can you understand it or I should translate into English.

68. hhjm

hhjm

Does a birth certificate include with 10 photos ?

69. wapclub

wapclub

@hhjm คลอดพอดีใช่ไหมพี่ อิอิ ยอดไปเลย

70. tomas_bates

tomas_bates

@ALL - We have decided to open up submissions for the runner-up prize until June 5th - Submit your best love-themed shots to be in with a chance of winning!

71. hhjm

hhjm

@wapclub คลอดแล้ว ลุ้นๆ 555:)

72. itsdebraanne

itsdebraanne

idk about this... making a baby just to win a photo competition..? pretty sketchy. what if your kid asks you one day, "mom dad why'd you have me?" how are you gonna explain you had them primarily for a photo competition... yea.

73. pangmark

pangmark

He he he, the comments are much funnier than the actual completion itself. I must be Lomo loco cos I thought it was a cool idea, most natural thing in the world. Will the baby get free Lomo products every year?

74. superlighter

superlighter

lot of time that Love don't knock at my door

75. camerabrain

camerabrain

meow bark

76. camerabrain

camerabrain

crap thought this was for the camera arrg

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 日本語, 中文(繁體版), 한국어, Spanish, 中文(简体版), Italiano, Français, Nederlands, ภาษาไทย & Deutsch.