Petzval_header_october_2014_en

Write 'Seoul' or ‘서울' letter in your analogue shot Rumble ended over 3 years ago

The city of Seoul is holding a Seoul travel photo contest in the hopes of obtaining outstanding photos from both in and out of the country and will utilize them to actively promote Seoul as a vibrant global tourist attraction. Therefore we encourage your participation with your experimental and creative analogue shots. Submit it now and win Piggies!

City of more than 10 million, friendly and safe space to visit and to live, local convenience store opening every 24 hours, cutting-edge technology and breathtaking Han River. Which city is now in your mind with these expressions? It’s definitely SEOUL city!

Express ‘SEOUL’ or ‘서울(Korean) or even in your country language with your experimental way and show us your analogue photos here! Each syllable ’S’, ‘E’, ‘O’, ‘U’, ‘L’ can be welcomed too! Be creative! Your submitted shots will be exhibited as special ‘Lomowall’ artwork at Mount.Nam from September 30 to October 16, 2011.

This is just a start point for Seoul Lomowall and stage 2 and 3 will follow up by August 26 after this Stage 1. 3 winners of these each 3 stages will be announced on September 14, 2011.

Prize: 50 Piggy points for 3 winners

Details:

• Sort through your photos and pick the best ones thoroughly and thoughtfully.
  • Upload Limit: 10 Photos
  • Film/Camera Type: any kind of film / analogue camera – standard 35mm or 120 format preferred, not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: submissions must be at least 1220px in either width or height, larger dimensions are welcome
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & ‘Seoul’ tags)
  • Submission might be included in future Lomography cityguide Seoul as special page
  • No visible borders or watermarks, etc.

written by lomography_korea

1. aprilrich427

aprilrich427

i wish i could go to Seoul right now! my boyfriend lives there, this rumble is awesome

2. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

I'm going to korea on the 9th and i'll arrive on the 10th. I suck ass at math. how many days do i have to shoot, providing i'll take about 2 to3 days to develop and scan my photos? Do I even have a chance? Well, there's only one submission so far. YAY FOR ME!

3. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

Just FYI, i'm korean, therefore awesome. That goes for all you guys in korea! I would have typed this in korean but this version of windows doesn't support Korean.

4. analogmonolog

analogmonolog

@aprilrich427 POOR YOU... I've never been there T.T

5. deprofundis

deprofundis

I love this rumble!!

6. nleppa

nleppa

Wooo I'm stationed in Seoul with the U.S. Navy! I've been here for over two years and I have HUNDREDS of photos BUT MY SCANNER IS BROKEN!!! I finally had a chance to win and I only have 3 (maybe) photos that were uploaded before the scanner died. Bummer.

7. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

My mother is Korean, but unfortunately I don't speak nor understand any Korean at all and I havent't been there in 10 years- but I'm planning to go there next year after I finish university. Will be too late for this rumble, though :)

8. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

Wait... do the photos have to be of seoul?

9. lomography_korea

lomography_korea

@robotmonkey1996 Thanks for your like. Photos should include 'Seoul' letter of everywhere of the world :-)

10. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

@lomography_korea I think you should improve your grammar. just answer yes or no: Do the pictures have to be taken in korea?

11. lomography_korea

lomography_korea

@robotmonkey1996 You can submit every analogue photos taken in Korea or everywhere else of the world including int'l competition http://www.lomograph(…)tion-stage1 Seoul letter(including each syllable or written in any other language is OK) is in all over the world. Just be creative with each subject of 3 stages :-) Looking forward to see your great submissions soon.

12. lucretia

lucretia

hope I make the deadline for this competition! I have a few shots but I need to process the film tomorrow!!!! uh keepin' my fingers crossed

13. chingbibi