Word of the Month: July ended over 3 years ago

July's Word of the Month is quite the puzzler. It'll be quite a challenge to interpret it so are you ready to accept the challenge? Check it out!

Photo by anarchy

For July’s Word of the Month, we’re going to be a bit vague. Everything will be uncertain and at times uncertain. Why is that you ask? That’s because the word we’re looking for is ambiguous. Just how abstract can it get right? Put your thinking caps on and show us your best interpretation!

Ambiguous: open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations

Details:

• Prize(s): 5 winners of 10 Piggies. All winners will receive a special award badge straight to their LomoHomes
  • Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated. Please keep in mind of our Word of the Month theme.
  • Upload Limit: 1 photo only so make it count!
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)

written by cruzron

1. mr-korn

mr-korn

Here's my suggestion for August's Word of the month: ----> "SPAM"

2. ripsta

ripsta

hhahahahaha

3. stouf

stouf

'$23 Ed Hardy Bikini'... Exactly what I need ! : )

4. quaisoir

quaisoir

@stouf LOL i bet u'd look sexy in it! ;)

5. fash_on

fash_on

how difficult can it be to filter out postings with $ sign used 10 times, and names like nike, ed hardy & coach, all in the same posting??????

6. grazie

grazie

@mr-korn awesome suggestion hahaha! I'm so tired of this spammer!

7. the_detourist

the_detourist

mine was WAY too easy and obvious... thanks SF Pride Parade.... hahaha

8. superlighter

superlighter

kill spammers is not a crime

9. superlighter

superlighter

LOL

10. laurenmcg1229

laurenmcg1229

I need to get a camera before I can enter!!! Saving up :)
  11. racarrete

racarrete

THERE IT IS WORD OF MOUTH:)

12. vnyand

A surprising number of submissions don't seem to be ambiguous in the least haha. I often wonder what kind of strategy they're taking...

13. brixwillbeshat

brixwillbeshat

I'd just like to explain why I chose the photo I did. See, I remember what idea I was trying to convey when I took it, but due to a lack of proximity (and foresight, I suppose,) I was left with a photo whose subject and theme aren't very clear.

14. brixwillbeshat

brixwillbeshat

I definitely do see the ambiguity in the example image--due to the inversion of the frame, it almost makes it makes it hard to distinguish whether those light fixtures are lamps that hang or stand. I like it. :]
    @vnyand: Well, I guess that makes it pretty open to interpretation, don't you think? I guess even THAT could be the ambiguity!

15. natalieerachel

natalieerachel

I feel the need to explain my submission, hahaha: The reason I chose this shot is because it she looks human from the nose up, yet below her nose it looks like a skull.

16. vnyand

sooooo when do they announce winners and stuff?

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Nederlands.