Imagine to travel back in time and live for a week in the 50's between Elvis' pomps and sounds floating in the air that orbit from swing to purest rock and roll all that followed by a soft sea breeze.What if this image came true?! You'd be at the Summer Jamboree! A chance in a lifetime and Lomography is searching for it's special reporters.
The Summer Jamboree has been taking the party to Senigallia since the year 2000 and is the most famous and important international festival of music and american culture from the 40’s and 50’s in Europe.
From july 30th to august 7th there’ll be live shows dj sets specially dedicated to swing, rock’n’roll, jive, doo-wop, rhythm ‘n’ blues, hillbilly and western swing, with dance lessons in the subject with the best teachers from all over the world and the whole city will be taking part. Isn’t it fantastic!?
The amazing Burlesque Show (famous world wide after Dita Von Teese and Sickgirl’s steamy awesome performances), a special parade of vintage cars and still if you’re not quite convinced yet to embrace the whole look there’ll be barbers and hairdressers performing the impossible making a blast from the past available for everyone.
Well then, now that we’ve made you crave for all the awesomeness of the festival it’s time for the good news: We’re looking for our special reporters to snap it all with a La Sardina . All access pass included for all events so YOU can capture forever these beautiful moments for us.
To take part on the competition there are several possibilites!
- Shoot atmospheres that remind the 40’s and 50’s, dolled up lassies , Elvis’ wannabes or simply his majesty’s glimpse on the telly. Raid your mamma and papa’s drawers searching for pictures from another era when they were still into rockabilly!
(you may use your archive pictures because that’s what we’re looking for!)
- You may participate writing a blog entry where for instance you show us your image selections from our lomography archive portraying icons from the 50’s or showing us your vision of what is rock n’ roll
- and if you wanna go crazy you could totally shoot a video and post it for us.
Anyways, get creative go wild and travel back in time so you can convince us that you’re the right reporter for the job!
- Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Upload Limit: 3 Photos
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height
- Meta data must be filled out (camera, film, location & 3 tags)
- First prize: La Sardina + Fritz the Blitz Flash and an access pass to all the events of the Summer Jamboree Festival
- Second and Third places: La Sardina and an access pass to all the events of the Summer Jamboree Festival
- Fourth to Fifteenth: 15 Piggies each.
Valid entries submitted until midnight of july 20th 2011.
Info about Summer Jamboree Festival: www.summerjamboree.com – 318.104.22.168