Me, Myself and I - Isolation Rumble ended about 3 years ago

Lomography has joined forces with Love Issue Magazine to bring you this thought provoking rumble. Read on below for prizes and regulations!

Photo by gabysalas

Sometimes it’s good to be alone, to separate yourself from others and take a time to reflect. To do what you want to do. That’s why, we want you to show us your best photographic representation of isolation. One of the definitions of isolation is the complete separation from others. Where do you go to be by yourself? Are you sometimes tired of the hustle and bustle around you and need a minute to step back and be alone? Show us what picture best represents this for some cool prizes!

Love Issue is an online magazine featuring contemporary photographers’ projects mainly related to love and issues.

Please make sure you write a short description of how this photo represents isolation for you.

Details:

• Prize(s): 10 winner of 15 Piggies and a feature in the next issue of Love Issue Magazine, issue #4 will be online from 27th June and its theme will be Isolation.
  • Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated. Please keep in mind of our group photo theme.
  • Upload Limit: 10 photos
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 1000px in either width or height.
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)

written by lomography

1. lightblue

lightblue

cool! i love new rumbles eheheh :D

2. erinwoodgatesphotography

erinwoodgatesphotography

I've entered my photos here but also written a blog which has the description of how they all work together in a series to show my isolation, and the happy ending.

3. ariannapaloma

ariannapaloma

cool rumble! and...where do we have to write the description? separately or in the photo description is good? ;)

4. saniday

saniday

Oh no, I submitted and turns out my pics were less than 1000px, I'd like to edit those photos and reupload them, but I don't think there's such thing in the lab. What am I supposed to do? :( I can't either find a way to take back my photos from the rumble and upload new ones.
  5. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

Oh, the same happened to me- mine are only 800px...

6. devildi

devildi

my isolation is walking through nature... early in the morning or late in the eve... alone with me .. and perhaps my ipod with some inspirative music.... :-)

7. veato

veato

Where do you write the short description?

8. gabysalas

gabysalas

@ veato: write the description in the image description.

@devildi and erinwoodgatesphotography if you are chosen as winners, I will ask you to send me the higher res scans.

9. istionojr

istionojr

straight to fail the competition rule if I submitted the resolution under 1000px, my negatives is not organized them where they are... :(

10. heavenkot

heavenkot

oh i just realized 1000px requirement. they will be if will win))

11. natalieerachel

natalieerachel

Done :)

12. lereile

lereile

done too :) my self-portraits reflect "me, myself and i" title i think! triple exposition of myself, introspective session trying to portray myself...

13. erinwoodgatesphotography

erinwoodgatesphotography

Yep if I'm a winner I will definitely send high res ones, sorry!

14. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CD BACK FROM THE LAB!!!!!!! 16 HOURS LATE?????!!!!! AAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!
    but on the bright side, this cool dude who's renting out a room at my grandma's place lent me an LOMO LC-A WHICH I HAVE BEEN LUSTING AFTER FOR 7 YEARS BUT COULD'N AFFORD DUE TO MY 5 DOLLAR WEEKLY ALLOWANCE!!! (it's kinda like my uncle's cosina, but more awesome in a Soviet-ish way. it smells good, but i keep getting a headache. my nose has the faux leather pattern on it from shooting so long.)

15. gelibee

gelibee

Congrats everyone! =)

16. gelibee

gelibee

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Nederlands.