Lca_120_september_2014_header

The Great Rumble By The Bay - Submit Your Best San Francisco Shots! ended over 3 years ago

For years, Lomographers in the Bay Area called, wrote, protested (kidding), emailed, SHOUTED and wondered when Lomography would open the first ever Gallery Store in San Francisco. Your wish, (and feverish demands) is our command!

Great news has arrived! Lomography San Francisco will officially open its doors in the next few months and we want each and every one of you to be part of the next and best Gallery Store LomoWall.

We Need You!
This is the San Francisco call to arms. Whether you’re a resident of the Civic Center district at an awesome party, a vacationer walking through Union Square, shooting a festival, or just photographing all the wonderful rainbow of colors the Golden Gate city offers, now is the time to get creative and start submitting your images.

How to Participate
Hit the streets and start snapping away. Not only do we want images of the Golden Gate Bridge and the cable cars, but think like a true Lomographer and submit pictures that show the attitude, parties, sports, fun, and people that make up the wonderful city that is San Francisco. Every Lomographer who has photos chosen for the lomowall will get 5 piggie points credited to their account!

Like any call for submission, Lomography asks for just a few things:
• Sort through your photos and pick the best ones thoroughly and thoughtfully.
• Film/Camera Type: any kind of film / analogue camera can be used but standard 35mm or 120 format are preferred. (nothing should be digitally enhanced or manipulated.)
• Minimum Photo Dimensions: submissions must be at least 1220px in either width or height, larger dimensions are welcome
• No visible borders or watermarks, etc.
• There is no upload limit

Good luck and happy shooting!

written by alexandrak

1. shoujoai

shoujoai

wohoo, my flight to SF goes on Monday ^_^ then I'll take some nice shoots!

2. jblaze823

jblaze823

Got tons of photos of San Francisco, best city in the world!!!

3. megs79

megs79

agreed! amazing beautiful city!

4. saidseni

saidseni

I wonder if my pictures of the Portuguese bridge would pass... ;)

5. russheath

russheath

So I guess I should at least enter that one you guys posted up top . . . ;D Thanks! Looking forward to sorting through all my San Fran shots!

6. cripeka

cripeka

done! hope to see my SF lomos on the lomowall

7. the_detourist

the_detourist

uploaded! hope to see some of mine when it opens!!

8. poindexter

poindexter

Do we know where the store will be yet?
  9. eatcpcks

eatcpcks

I will arrive there this sunday... and be back next monday... can we postpone the end date to the 21th may?:)

10. lomographysf

lomographysf

So exciting! We are getting ready... all details will be revealed about the location and opening of the new Store. You can keep up with us over on our new Facebook page: http://www.facebook.(…)84907554056

11. jojo8785

jojo8785

Oh! I wish I was analogue when I was over there last year...I took some great digital shots, but it would've been so much fun with film! Doh!

12. russheath

russheath

Just got back from a trip to San Fran -- 9 rolls being developed now! I doubt I'll get much scanned before the deadline, though . . .

13. sami-san

sami-san

waaaah is it possible to extend a bit cause my rolls some san francisco may arrive tom or the day after that :(

14. alexandrak

alexandrak

We've extended it!

15. sami-san

sami-san

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!

16. sami-san

sami-san

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!

17. skylerirish

skylerirish

pretty photogenic city.

18. bridgetj

bridgetj

I wonder if I can find that roll I shot from when I was there in 1984? I was twelve. Hmm. *goes off to dig through The Box*

19. justevans

justevans

Who won?????

20. skylerirish

skylerirish

winners?

21. russheath

russheath

Are you guys going to announce this one???

22. alexandrak

alexandrak

We haven't built the lomo wall yet, so we don't know which images were selected yet! We will definitely announce it once we do!