Mephistos April Rumble - Local / Traditional Food ended over 3 years ago

What food distinctly captures the essence of your culture? Do you have a secret family recipe handed down from generation to generation? Mephisto's April Rumble is all about food and the intricate art of preparing it!

Photo by mephisto19

“Why don’t you open a restaurant?” is what I hear very often from people coming over for dinner and that have been a lot since I spend more time in Utrecht with my man. As he is working, I have time to cook and bake and spread the analogue love through the mouth and a dinner table. Clearly one of the first things we did in the kitchen was replacing the broken oven. Now there is a new old one and since that day, the kitchen (he is living together with many other people) has become more vital.

Browsing through Lomography.com I saw a very nice set of photos taken by Susielomovitz She shows in understandable steps how to get a Spanish classic meal: Tortilla de Patata

And – bang – it was there again ever since I saw the Festkochen book in the Lomoshop years ago – the wish to have an international recipe book, filled with beautiful Lomographs. So I thought, why not use the international and cultural diversity of the Lomography community, why not making it an online book through that rumble?

Your task is now to cook and take photos of a traditional, regional or typical meal of your country or region and add the recipe in the description field.

Please use a maximum of ten photos to show ONE recipe, only analogue, not digitally manipulated. Keep the theme in mind! We do NOT want to see just food or only people eating – we want to see the steps how you got there and all basic information so anybody could cook it. The rumble submissions shall become a source of cooking and photography inspiration

Here is a small gallery of one meal I made a while ago, just veggies out of the garden with rice – lekker!

Enjoy cooking, enjoy taking photos and spread the analogue love.

written by cruzron

1. nural

nural

Do we just submit the 10 photos, how will you know the order?

2. b0rn2b1ush

b0rn2b1ush

if we only there could be a taste test at the end too... hahaha, it would be a lot of fun sampling all the food when this rumble is done!

3. b0rn2b1ush

b0rn2b1ush

*delete 'we'*

4. mephisto19

mephisto19

@nural you can and should add the order in the photo description :)
    i also wrote a blog and added all information there for my chocolate cake http://www.lomograph(…)ufels-kuche

5. kleeblatt

kleeblatt

I love this !!!!! :-D

6. kleeblatt

kleeblatt

You can find the recipe here : http://www.lomograph(…)iana-kuchen

7. space_they_cannot_touch

space_they_cannot_touch

this is great! and it gives me a reason to make my mum's famous apple-cake ^^

8. wilfbiffherb

wilfbiffherb

has the winner of march's rumble even been announced yet??

9. mephisto19

mephisto19

yes... here are the winners... http://www.lomograph(…)nnouncement

10. kitde

kitde

I think i need to make my Käsekuchen :D

11. mephisto19

mephisto19

oh, lecker @kitde

12. panelomo

panelomo

oh man, i should not have missed the breakfast last time @mephisto19. i think a stamppot is easy to document eh?

13. mephisto19

mephisto19

@panelomo jay, i am curious how you make stamppot! maybe i can learn THE trick from you how to make it as my man is always a bit grumpy when i do not add the onions directly... but baking is also good :)

14. 0live

0live

sounds delicious :)

15. vici

vici

I love, love, love this idea. A lomo cookbook!

16. bass_clarinet_2000

bass_clarinet_2000

Pennsylvania Dutch Cuisine, here I come!

17. natalieerachel

natalieerachel

I don't make Hawaiian food, hahaha :P

18. aalper

aalper

Ich brauche strata! This is going to a tragedy, but I am going to do it...

19. vicuna

vicuna

sorry if I just had one picture of the Christmas Roasted Ham @satomi made for christmas dinner... didn't read well that 10 picture of the same recipe were needed...

20. mephisto19

mephisto19

It is about the steps... What to di to get that meal?! So everybody can cook it

21. badjuju

badjuju

Im American... Guess ill take pics of the instructions on the frozen pizza box. Haha.

22. pomps

pomps

i´d love to make some photos...i have to decide to take out some dust from my cooking books!

23. mephisto19

mephisto19

@badjuju glad to hear that from you as i though of suggesting it... :)))

24. badjuju

badjuju

:D

25. clogged

clogged

this is the coolest idea. i think i'll need a cooking buddy.

26. mephisto19

mephisto19

PLEASE add the information HOW TO prepare the food!!!!!!!!!

27. susielomovitz

susielomovitz

DONE! YUMMY!

28. lamp

lamp

Ooooo I'm about to make my favourite cupcakes for the Royal Wedding Street Party we're having at work tomorrow - hope I get my pictures in on time! :D

29. lamp

lamp

30. toyam

toyam

I've sent my photos and I wrote a blog entry: Roast Suckly Pig at Segovia's Old Style. You can read my entry at http://www.lomograph(…)s-old-style Enjoy!

31. pomps

pomps

Hi! I have submitted my photos and here the blog recipe: http://www.lomograph(…)ese-goulash

32. bio_lenta

bio_lenta

Shoot... I forgot about this one! I should had made some tamales... or tacos, at least :(