Lomoinstant_en

LomoMission 69: Back to the Future! ended over 3 years ago

Are you ready to go Back to the Future? Take a ride with Marty McFly as you go back in time. Make sure you have your Lomo cameras with you before you go though!

Photo by ritamiguel

Great Scott! This month’s LomoMission entails rummaging through old photos and finding matching outfits. Inspired by Irina Werning’s amazing art project Back to the Future we have come up with our latest LomoMission! Of course we want everything analogue so please no digital shots! If you’re ready to submit your shots, just make a diptych using Photoshop, GIMP, or other programs. For the funniest and most inventive photo, the prize of a Sprocket Rocket awaits while Piggies go to the runners-up! So get your creative juices flowing and take a trip down memory lane!

Just to be clear, what we are looking for in this mission is that you find an old picture and recreate it as well as possible. Try to take the picture in the same place, with the same subjects and even the same outfits. Once you have taken the picture, make a diptych and post ONE image of both the old picture and the modern recreation. If you are still confused, take a look at Irina Werning’s amazing art project Back to the Future. That should give you a sense of what we are looking for.

• Prize(s): 1 winner of a Sprocket Rocket. The winner will also receive a special award badge straight to their LomoHomes
  • Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated
  • Upload Limit: 5 photos
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
  • Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)

By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.

written by cruzron

1. squamy

squamy

Haha! Cool, this should be fun!

2. lisi

lisi

great mission!!!

3. zoezo

zoezo

LOL! im on to this!

4. adrienne-is

adrienne-is

I think I have the perfect photo in mind. :)

5. lucretia

lucretia

Really cool LomoMission. Can't wait to take the shots !

6. elletra

elletra

oh-my-gosh, count me in!

7. ritamiguel

ritamiguel

well, that picture is mine, but I'll submit it anyway lol

8. ritamiguel

ritamiguel

this photo is mine, but im going to submit it anyway lol

9. yarnlass

yarnlass

"If you’re ready to submit your shots, just make a diptych using Photoshop, GIMP, or other programs."

"Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated"

WAIT JUST A SECOND

10. luiggiox

luiggiox

No one gets it right! The idea is to take an analogue photo of yourself (or your brother, your cousin, etc.) that resembles that old pic your mamma treasures in your family album! So, first you should pick the right photo and try to redo it as exactly as possible... Good luck!
  11. sthomas68

sthomas68

Uh oh...I submitted before it began. Do I get a "do-over?" lol

12. sthomas68

sthomas68

UH oh...I already submitted before it began. Can I get a "do over?" lol

13. gabysalas

gabysalas

@ ALL: In order to be considered for this competition, you must submit one photo which includes the original image you are trying to recreate as well as your recreation of that image!

14. amirulshahrom

amirulshahrom

Ahh i need to go back to my hometown to look over the old pictures of me ! This rumble going to be fun ! Good luck to all : )

15. atreyuthechild

atreyuthechild

@luiggiox if that is what the competition is, then it isn't very clear. Nowhere in the brief does it say 'take a photo of someone to replicate an old one'.

16. apophisv

apophisv

I guess the confusion results from the embedded pic of the two girls in this article. It had been more clear if some actual work / pohotos of Irina Werning had been included into the description as an example.

Having that said, this project is absolutely awesome (I had a good time looking at Irina's site) and I will browse through some family albums later this day! I remember there was a picture of my, 1 or 2 years old, wearing my fathers motorbike boots, jacket and helmet and a diaper :D (I haven't decided if have the courage to do this, though ;))

BTW, how much time do we have for this?

17. cruzron

cruzron

until the end of april!

18. cruzron

cruzron

@all - please do check out this link - http://irinawerning.(…)the-future/ for what we are trying to do. thanks!

19. atreyuthechild

atreyuthechild

Ah all makes sense now. Irina's stuff is amazing... I have no idea how she manages to match the colours so well and the backgrounds are unchanged in all these years. It's going to be hard...

20. fish300

fish300

cool:)

21. ritamiguel

ritamiguel

yeah, the explanation is not very clear...!

22. jbrown363

jbrown363

Damn i screwed it up for sure! should have read the comments first... sorry for the wasted submissions

23. miss_maha

miss_maha

What a challenge! Nice *dives into mountains of old albums*

24. yawny

yawny

hope i understood it right (:
    is meta data ok in my entry?

25. kobehasanidea

kobehasanidea

What if we don't know the meta data of the picture that we are trying to recreate?

26. natalieerachel

natalieerachel

Ohhhhhh I see, okay. So we still need the matching outfits?

27. kobehasanidea

kobehasanidea

Ohhh! *Slaps Forhead* I get it now!

28. gabysalas

gabysalas

Just to be clear, what we are looking for in this mission is that you find an old picture and recreate it as well as possible. Try to take the picture in teh same place, with the same subjects and even the same outfits. Once you have taken the picture, make a diptych and post ONE image of both the old picture and the modern recreation. If you are still confused, take a look at "Irina Werning's":http://irinawerning.com amazing art project Back to the Future. That should give you a sense of what we are looking for.

29. discodrew

discodrew

Wow this is amazing. Just facebooked the link and put a request out for friends to volunteer.

30. lucid_dreamer

lucid_dreamer

Wow, really excited about this one!

31. yawny

yawny

@gabysalas, and what if the photo is made of some more then 1 photos merged together on film by accident, like here --> http://www.lomograph(…)os/12979416

not ok for this competition??

32. gabysalas

gabysalas

@yawny: your photo is in the running, do you feel it is the best representation of the challange, if so, then it's up to the judges to decide!

33. yawny

yawny

well I don't really feel its the best one, but it fits the theme. Just wanted to know if its ok with the rules)

34. quaisoir

quaisoir

wow...irina's work is marvelous!

35. graziosa9

graziosa9

can you extend the this rumble til 1st week of may please? il fly home this weekends and will find old photos of my parents! pls....:)

36. atreyuthechild

atreyuthechild

so many of the submissions do not fit the theme at all.... it's pretty simple - find an old photograph, take a photo which looks almost exactly the same (same location, clothes, props) but the model is older now.

Sorry @yawny but i don't see how yours fits that description either? I had loads of good ideas but haven't had the time to recreate any... I might just do it for fun when I get the time.

37. renenob

renenob

I need extension for this!

38. renenob

renenob

PLEASE extend this Rumble! My photos will be arriving in 3 to 4 days.

39. pomps

pomps

I totally agree please extend it! I´d love to participate but no time to find old photos as my mother has moved all photos are still packed :)

40. bio_lenta

bio_lenta

Now that I see most submissions don't seem to be within the rules, I would love it to be extended for another day, at least, lol.

41. carmenism

carmenism

I hate to be a party pooper, but extending it isn't really fair to those of us who got our submissions in already. :/ This contest has been going on for weeks and it's not like it wasn't advertised...

42. bio_lenta

bio_lenta

Well, that's true. I just hope there is enough "true" competition. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow ;)

43. renenob

renenob

Please extend this for two days, please?

44. bio_lenta

bio_lenta

So i managed to finish a roll today... last four shots were at home and getting back to the future :) gotta process tomorrow and upload :D

45. bio_lenta

bio_lenta

and just realized today is children's day in Mexico :)

46. cruzron

cruzron

extended for 2 weeks!

47. renenob

renenob

Thank you Ron!!!

48. the_detourist

the_detourist

why do so many people submit photos that are completely NOT what the comp is asking for?!!? :(

49. lizbradley3

lizbradley3

Did it get extended? People not following directions shouldn't ruin it for those of us that did. :(
  50. yawny

yawny

@atreyuthechild well ok, i just thought same person and clothes could be enough. anyways I didnt hope for anything with this as it turned out a bit wrong

51. carmenism

carmenism

@lizbradley3, I agree. :(

52. fivedayforecast

fivedayforecast

I don't understand why people can't figure out how to follow instructions for this comp...

53. elefteria

elefteria

Soo.. when will the winner be announced?

54. yawny

yawny

looks like it's completely forgotten...

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Nederlands.