The London Hit List ended over 3 years ago

This is a call to arms! We have identified 25 targets, each of which needs to be covered by you. Go under cover, go deep into the field, and go after them. You'll be in with the chance to win the much coveted Lomo LC-A+!

Bullseye! by plukeenbloem

Hi there Lomographers! Greg the Editor here. You have been giving us some great locations for the London City Guide. But we think there are lots of London locations that NEED to be in the book. So we have put together this London Hit List to inspire you to go out and get shooting. Whoever manages to get the most of these of these will be in with a chance to win an LC-A+, and of course all of the submissions will be considered for the forthcoming London City Guide, a real book that you can keep forever and proudly show the grandkids. I NEED YOU! So get shooting!

Here is the London Hit List – a scavenger hunt of targets for you to go after in and around London Town…

1. Your Favourite Market
20. A Brush With The Law
21. A Royal Abode
22. A Dancefloor
23. The O2 Arena
24. The Olympics Site
25. Banksy!

Go after as many as you can, load up your film, strap on a camera, and shoot those targets! This is an urgent mission; you have just two weeks to get as many targets uploaded onto this site as LomoLocations as you can.
For each target we need some kick ass photos, a few sentences about the place, and it’s location. Post each target up as a lomolocation tagged with ‘LCG’ and ‘hitlist’. When you have located, shot and published all of your chosen targets from this list put a comment in the box below and you’ll be in with the chance to win some great prizes!

The Prizes

The person who submits the most target LomoLocations from the list above will win a brand spanking new Lomo LC-A+, nice!
*If more than one person submits the same maximum amount we will choose randomly between them.

Each person that submits ten or more target LomoLocations will get a box of Lomography Colour Negative 400 35mm film, a keychain, and ten bonus piggy points.

Every LomoLocation submitted and published will earn you five piggy points. Everyones a winner!

The deadline for the London Hit List is Wednesday 30 March. Get on it!

To submit your LomoLocation
- Log on to Lomography.com and go to the LomoLocation submissions page
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there
- Tag your entry with “LCG” (London City Guide) and ‘hitlist’ so we can find them.
- Once you’ve added all of your location targets let us know in the comments box below here.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit the London Hit List, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about London of course!) but will not be entered into this competition.

written by littlemisslove

1. rudemuinho

rudemuinho

por qué no se hacen estos concursos con mi pueblo????

2. willyboy

willyboy

Consider 4 and 14 taken care of in my most recent upload!

3. panchoballard

panchoballard

Great competition, great camera. Just wish I lived in London! :-D

4. cinzinc

cinzinc

why only in London?!

5. severin

severin

because we are currently making the lomography city guide london! but don't worry, many other cities will follow!

6. myahcat

myahcat

Pfff, if only I didn't have to go to work and stuff! Not sure how many I can hit in the time frame!

7. neja

neja

I have Dalston market and Portobello among my locations already....

8. neja

neja

9. kylewis

kylewis

Does it have to be only one from each category or can we do e.g two of 15. A location with a postcode beginning with SE ?

10. littlemisslove

littlemisslove

@kylewis one of each, though of course your police encounter might happen to be in se23, but you need one individual and different article to fit each target you want to tick off.
    @neja this scavenger hunt is a brand new, fast paced challenge, we can only consider new locations. i'm sure you can create some more from your wonderful archive of photos!

11. kylewis

kylewis

@littlemisslove I'm hoping I don't have a police encounter in SE23 but I wonder if they would mind having their pics taken if I did?! thanks.

12. mistry_machine

mistry_machine

Sounds like fun! Can these be photos you've uploaded previously? Or do they have to be shot between now & the end of the competition? Ta in advance!

13. littlemisslove

littlemisslove

@mistry_machine nope, you can use photos from your albums

14. mistry_machine

mistry_machine

@littlemisslove Awesome. Thanks for the reply!

15. discodrew

discodrew

Got Lower Marsh covered yesterday. The girl in Scooterworks wouldn't let me take photo's inside. Might go back in disguise next time (she remembered me from my last visit and photoshoot). Hoping to time the changing of the guard with my lunch hour.

16. neolomo

neolomo

Can I tag from the photo album instead?
  17. neja

neja

what is . A Royal Abode?

18. kitde

kitde

I have just finished submitting for all 25 :)

19. discodrew

discodrew

Wow well done Kitde. Wasn't sure if anybody was going to get them all.

20. eatclicklove

eatclicklove

why not venice? =(

21. martinez

martinez

I did most of them last week then tried to complete today but lost my Lomo in the process ! It probably has a new owner in the Camden area. tempted to persevere & borrow a camera tomorrow & complete ....... hmmmmmm
  22. kylewis

kylewis

Wow! I think I may just sit back on my laurels at the thought of kitde having done the lot!! well done.

23. toyam

toyam

I've just sent my locations, how can I know they would be on time? Thanks!

24. sandkorn

sandkorn

ahhh, running out of time... but well, reading that kitde has done all of them, time to relax. gonna submit some more stuff over the next days then.

25. cheese

cheese

crap I did NOT read the rules properly! I've got to get my rolls back tomo, scan AND write them up as lomolocations *gulp*

26. hahajaney

hahajaney

There isn't any chance that this might be extended by a week or so?! Wish I didn't have to work so I could just spend all my time taking pictures instead!

27. cheese

cheese

Do the articles themselves have to be up by tonight or is it just the submission deadline??

28. blondielocks

blondielocks

I don't remember how much of them I submitted but definitely more than ten ;)

29. cheese

cheese

I've submitted a bunch :)

30. kylewis

kylewis

Ok I've done ten but goodness knows how many London ones my list is ridiculous!

31. cheese

cheese

Have the piggies been distributed yet? I am sure I submitted more than 10 targets before deadline..... *fingers crossed*