Petzval_header_october_2014

The London City Guide Challenge, Week 1: YOUR London ended over 3 years ago

We are writing a London City Guide, but we need you to tell us what to put in it! Your challenge for week one is to shoot and describe YOUR London!

Dear Lomographers,

Picture an empty white book, sitting cold and lonely, just waiting to be filled with your bright and colourful photos and your heartfelt words: well that’s what we’ve got. Our editor Greg has only been to London twice (both times to see Les Miserables) and he needs your help to write the London City Guide. This week Greg wants to know about YOUR London – here’s his cry for help!

How to help Greg…
- Log on to Lomography.com and go to the LomoLocation submissions page
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there
- Tag your entry with “LCG” (London City Guide) so we can find them.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this weeks theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about London of course!)

written by littlemisslove

1. kylewis

kylewis

How many locations can you send in?
    Can you also send in old locations or their links with high res. photos?

2. atreyuthechild

atreyuthechild

"If I don't come up with the goods, Lomography said they will throw a brick in my face" pahahaha what a line!

3. littlemisslove

littlemisslove

@kylewis there is no limit to the amount of locations you can send in, the more the better! we will be ploughing through all the previously published london locations too, so no need to resubmit

4. neja

neja

damn! I keep on forgetting to tag it with LCG.....

5. spoeker

spoeker

beware of the squirrels greg ^^
    my first london city guide location

6. vicuna

vicuna

my old london locations were submitted on the old site, so with lo-res pictures... do I need to re-submit them with high-res ones? Or will you ask me for these high-res pics if you choose one of my old locations?

7. erinwoodgatesphotography

erinwoodgatesphotography

all my best photos were used in my locations i submitted about a month ago-

8. neja

neja

I submitted 4 new locations, but they only gonna be published starting from the 8th of March. I hope they still count

9. littlemisslove

littlemisslove

@vicuna in that case, please resubmit
    @neja, that's fine

10. fash_on

fash_on

just sent one, but backend doesn't seem to work for me for the last few months, please let me know if you received my submission, thanks :)

11. fash_on

fash_on

oops, forgot to add the tag LCG first time, second time forgot to add the photos, 3rd time all OK :D

12. atreyuthechild

atreyuthechild

Yeah I submitted but it kinda just went.. can't recall seeing any confirmation that it sent?

13. svala

svala

Yay! My first ever article/location is finally out there!
    Fingers crossed for the book, wink wink Greg...

14. littlemisslove

littlemisslove

@atreyuthechild i can see your four lomolocations in the publishers inbox, so it went!

15. atreyuthechild

atreyuthechild

@littlemisslove awesome, just realised I may have forgotten to add a couple of photos one of them Is it possible to add them afterwards?