she's misty

she's misty

pangmark This photo was shot on film. Taken by pangmark with a Holga 120 GCFN loaded with Fuji Pro 400H 120 film in khao kho, Thailand. These tags describe this photo: vintage, oldies, classy, and love. This photo can also be found in the album The vicious kind.

1. Simon

Was this shot with a plastic or glass lens? sorry for the newbie question but this is newbie research
  2. pangmark

pangmark

Hi Simon, any comments or questions are greatly appreciated recieved blah, blah, blah. Very perceptive of you. It's actually the glass lens which should read Holga gcfn... or something like that. Or it could be the plastic lens... hope that clears it up. Ask Stouf he'd know.

3. pangmark

pangmark

sorry for the confusion. I bought a cfn but the shutter stopped working. I took it to the local shop where i knew the proprieter had a holga and might be able to fix it (just a spring problem) no go but he gave me his which i found out later has a glass lens {GCFN}.

4. Simon

ah cool. Yes I was wondering who "Stouf" was! Right Ill prob go for glass then as I like the look of your shots. Wish me luck! (and thankyou!)
  5. pangmark

pangmark

The shutter of the second camera packed up today. My preference would be for the plastic lens for the dreamy quality. I guess it boils down to whether you want clarity (not really the point of a holga) or the dreamy soft focus of the plastic and being able to tell every one that that shot came from an all plastic toy! My Pattaya beach shots etc were all made from plastic.

6. pangmark

pangmark

For the tough question of plastic vs glass, there's a good article about on holarama.com under which holga should i buy?

Where is this?

Nearby popular photos – see more