Petzval_header_october_2014

Lomography and POSTRmagazine present:Will Snap For Stuff! ended over 4 years ago

Share your mutual passion for depictive storytelling with two separate audiences who might turn out to have more in common than they might think! Act quick - win big!

Photo by: blue-dog

So you love pictures and taking them. Well, POSTRmagazine does so too, which is why we are working together with the nice folks: in order to share our mutual passion for depictive storytelling with two separate audiences who might turn out to have more in common than they might think.

How are we planning to do this?

By handing out free Lomography cameras (Lubitel 166+ and Diana F+) to stir up both your sense of art and your predatory personal gain at the same time!

Sounds cruel and harsh? Wait until you read POSTRmagazine #5: The Art Issue, in which we question the image of contemporary art as being free of economic interest and market manipulation, and paint a Portrait Of The Artist As One Clever Bastard. In the meanwhile, feel free to feed your own starving artist by participating in our Will Snap For Stuff-contest!

How to enter?
Go to the Lomography photo archive, choose 1 photo out of the Lubitel 166+ or Diana F+ gallery that depicts what Art is or should be according to you and complement it with 1 photo you took yourself dealing with that same subject.
Remember: a single picture equals a million words. This means that we won’t read beyond the photo you send us. So don’t try to explain what’s in it, we speak picture.

What can you win?

• First Prize: Lubitel 166+
  • Second & Third Prize: Diana F +

Send your two photos to competition@postrmagazine.com . Deadline for the competition is April 4, 2010.

We look forward to seeing your stories.
As no Photo Upload is required for this competition you might want to soft sign in with youur twitter account

written by somapic

1. quaisoir

quaisoir

wow....deep stuff...

2. mephisto19

mephisto19

"Go to the Lomography photo archive, choose 1 photo out of the Lubitel 166+ or Diana F+ gallery" WHAT gallery? there is no lubitel gallery or have i just not found it? or do i have to search for lubitel shots? and what about diana? the ones that are there? the most popular? or what? sorry... don't get it

3. stijn_b

stijn_b

I'm guessing you'll have to choose one of those shots? http://www.lomograph(…)66B/popular

4. superlighter

superlighter

I'm with mephisto!

5. paper_doll

paper_doll

yeah it's not clear to me either. should we search for lubitel or diana photos, pick one, add another one of our own shots and send both to you?

6. eyecon

eyecon

Does it matter if our own photo isn´t done with a Lubitel or a Diana?

7. eggzakly

eggzakly

Also, it says to send in two pictures - so we have to download the picture we find in the photo archives (which belongs to someone else) and send it in along with our own? How will you know which photo belongs to whom?

8. ipdegirl

ipdegirl

intriguing yet confusing....

9. pctechgirl

pctechgirl

As others have said, realy really confused. . .does my photo have to be taken with a Diana or Lubitel? Or just the other photo I select? Gosh, I have so many questions, I'm not sure I can even fit them all. . .

10. superlighter

superlighter

"Send your two photos to......" and "no Photo Upload is required for this competition" ????? more and more obscure to me.

11. blue-dog

blue-dog

Hey ya, some credit please.. for my photograph of the "Camera Van, by Harrod Blank" Cool to see it here..Thank you

12. adi_totp

adi_totp

1 photo you took yourself? or in the gallery?

13. cinzinc

cinzinc

somebody please rephrase the entire thing. nobody understands it right away =p

14. cinzinc

cinzinc

"choose 1 image" how? copy paste then email to you? and find my own image similar to it?
    no photo upload required yet we have to email you. whats twitter got to do with this?

15. blue-dog

blue-dog

Here is my album where the photograph is of Camera Van
    Here is where you can learn more about Art Cars and Camera Van

16. cinzinc

cinzinc

wait, this competition wants us/me to replicate/imitate/duplicate an image in the lubitel+/diana f+ gallery, and we/I should email the original image and our/my version of the image to you guys...am i correct?

17. tallgrrlrocks

tallgrrlrocks

um, how's that again? *befuddled*

18. eastmoe

eastmoe

im blurr..

19. alpacaangel

alpacaangel

cool camera van photo, give the photo credit to blue-dog - just the lomo " missed manner
    " thing to do

20. Hi people, Sorry for the confusion. Let me clear some things up for you guys :) - You choose 1 picture out of the Diana F+ archive and the Lubitel shots that depicts what art is or should be according to you. - Take 1 more picture yourself, this picture does not have to be taken with a Diana or Lubitel camera. - The picture you take yourself is not a copy of the one out of the archive. - Your own picture complements the one out of the archive. This means it should also be on the subject of art. - Send both pictures to competition@postrmagazine.com - It would be nice if you let us know what picture is yours and what pictures comes out of the archive when you send it to us ;) - The winners and their pictures will be published on the Lomography website due to copyright restrictions. The name of the winners will be published on the POSTRmagazine website. I Hope this clears things up.
  21. lomosexual_manboy

lomosexual_manboy

I'm not comfortable with using someone elses photo so I'll just say good luck to those who take part.

22. lawypop

lawypop

Is the archive photo we took going to win the prize too?

23. You will be judged on the choice of both pictures for it's content and meaning. Your own picture will be judged on quality as well.
  24. icuresick

icuresick

In case someone picked my photo from the Lubitel+ and /or Diana+ archive, and the person who submitted my photo and his/her photo won the contest, what would I get? I think it would be fair If both photos get something...

25. reneg88

reneg88

I think this contest is based more on your vision/criteria of what "art" is or should be... rather than your photo taking skills... it's more of a message than a showing contest... i think... into the archives it is...