Shoot The Cover - Embrace Social Photography with theblogpaper ended over 4 years ago

Lomography and theblogpaper have teamed up to bring you the most democratic photo challenge yet. We offer you the chance of getting on the cover of the next TheBlogpaper issue!

theblogpaper.co.uk is a news community which allows anyone to publish written and visual work online and in print. Rating and commenting, in other words the community defines what gets promoted to the front pages as well as to the printed version.

Now, Lomography and theblogpaper.co.uk have collaborated together giving you the chance of getting on their front cover. Become a photojournalist for the next issue of theblogpaper.co.uk by submitting your images today! Vote for the images that you find most striking, intriguing, beautiful, interesting and thought-provoking in the realm of social photography.

Find out more on the Competition Site

The winner of this competition will be awarded with unimaginable fame and glory, plus a Lomo LC-A+ Camera and your photos on the cover of the next edition!

The 2nd and 3rd Place of this competition will also receive indefinable amounts of glory + a Fisheye 2 Pink Edition Camera!

written by somapic

1. panelomo

panelomo

wow - exciting!

2. copefan

copefan

would be good if you could register..... i just get a blank page with a cross on it!

3. panelomo

panelomo

@copefan i just did.

4. mandashitley

mandashitley

yeah, bad link

5. renaishashin

renaishashin

@LSI : Must we vote for those with 'I SHOOT THE COVER' description? Or we can just vote for the others without the description?

6. cinzinc

cinzinc

i need some clarification/elaboration on the photo submission: "Your work must celebrate the democracy of the cover by depicting something that happens during the duration of the competition."
    help?

7. mr_sid

mr_sid

Great contest, registration ongoing! :-)

8. somapic

somapic

You can also vote for some other work that has been submitted to theblogpaper!

9. mephisto19

mephisto19

10. icuresick

icuresick

We are required to submit shots taken between February 15 to March 9, 2009, right?? I saw some entries with shots I have seen before, like @mephisto19's...

11. mephisto19

mephisto19

really??? i did not see that... will have a look on that ... thanks for the info

12. mephisto19

mephisto19

ahhh... okay/.... i interpretate that the deadline is 9th of march and you could start feb 15th and not that the shots have to be taken.... or am i wrong???? otherwise it"d be veeeeeeery short for analogue shots... three weeks... a set of ten shots...

13. panelomo

panelomo

Art Hop in Paris - SHOOT THE COVER
    here's my entry http://shar.es/ma6eU

what do you think? let me know - don't forget to vote... thanks! :)

14. dfunkdamager

dfunkdamager

This great. Lot's of amazing entries. Here is mine :)

15. mariefisen

mariefisen

where do i find the submissions? (:

16. mephisto19

mephisto19

there are some amazing submissions, not only the lomo-ones.... and it seems you just need many people to vote for you, or will they be filtered out again (like on that german music-thing) the one-voter's, the ones that only make an account to vote for a friend

17. maicul

maicul

I think that (one of) Lomography's own has a real good chance. *amen* Stephan's macro eye shoot *amen* I'm afraid my photographs (analogue and digital) aren't up to par for this compition. :(

18. mephisto19

mephisto19

well... i see e.g. jeansman's set that is - thanks for your votes - now up again because of its high quality.... i'd surly be nice to win this ;) i won't deny, but when you see the average number of votes on the lomo shots and one extending it by far, all by new users.... do not know if that is the idea behind the rumble

19. elede

elede

I love this competition... Here's my entry as sugested by mephisto19... (http://www.theblogpa(…)er-odysseys) VOTE VOTE!!!

20. thycursed

thycursed

Here is my entry with my 2nd roll on my new camera !
    Vote for me if you think i deserve it !
    Thanks fellas =)

21. elede

elede

22. dfunkdamager

dfunkdamager

Keep the votes rolling folks. Big thank you to all my friends around the globe for voting.

23. dogma

dogma

:) ye and here is my submissions http://www.theblogpa(…)camera-lens

24. elede

elede

Runners up getting published woo wooot!!!

25. cyan-shine

cyan-shine

Yeah^^ Congratulation to all who won this competition!
    Too bad it was such an EPIC FAIL :( I mean, it was obvious from the start that the voting system for this was vulnerable. I emailed them about it and they even apologozed, but it was poor overall to base such a competition on such a system. The new system is not much better either... Pity!

26. dfunkdamager

dfunkdamager

I agree about their system being a complete EPIC FAIL. I just sent a very long email with my concerns about the whole competition. Oh Well. :(

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Spanish.