They are the new breed of artists today and they have emerged as a global uprising of sorts. Its time we feature them for our next Great Lomo LC-A Race Mission!
Is it art or nothing more than vandalism? Street art has come of age as a legitimate art form, with some even gracing museums the world over alongside classic artists. From simple sprayed on stencils, to elaborate and grand masterpieces on walls downtown, this controversial method of expressionism has gained a massive following, both from urban lovers to serious art collectors. What is the mission then for the Sixth Stage? Your mission is to capture urban art, whether it be from that old building downtown or someone famous like Banksy or Ron English. The winning photo will be rewarded with 50 Piggy Points to be distributed evenly to all your team members (5 Piggy Points each). Remember kids, no vandalism! We’re cultured here!
Meet our Race Jury and read up on further race clarifications!
- Prize(s): 50 Piggy Points split to members of the team with the winning photo (or photo set)
- Film/Camera Type: Only shots taken with the supplied race Lomo LC-A unit during the time period of October 23, 2009 – November 6, 2009. Participants should turn over cameras to the next participant by November 6, 2009 but submissions for the sixth mission are allowed until November 13, 2009. Only stage 6 participants of the Lomo LC-A Race are allowed to submit in this rumble.
- Remember to turn on your GPS unit while shooting!
Please check out the GPS Software download link here And the accompanying help section on how to operate the GPS unit. Further details will follow soon as to how you could upload the GPS location data.
- Upload Limit: 10 photos
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
- Tags must be completed with the following details for eligibility: Team name (ex. North America Team 1) and the mission stage tags: transport lomo lc-a race mission
- By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.