Lca_120_september_2014_header

Lomography Goes Hollywood - The LA Rumble ended almost 5 years ago

Calling all SoCal lomographers! We’re putting out an open casting call for your greatest southern California photos to be a part of our non-motion picture extravaganza!

Calling all SoCal lomographers! We’re putting out an open casting call for your greatest Southern California photos to be a part of our non-motion picture extravaganza! This is your chance to be more than an extra in this sure-fire blockbuster! Submit your pictures of Southern California and have your photos be a part of the upcoming feature presentation that has already been described as “epic,” “jaw-dropping,” “action packed” and “a lomographic tour-de-force!”

We want pictures of LA from top to bottom. Show us the star-studded streets of Hollywood, to the back streets of South Central. We want to see colorful characters from Muscle Beach to Malibu, and from fake Charlie Chaplin to Angelyne. Show us the beautiful people, the script-packing waiters, and the lost souls on the Santa Monica shore. We want the pier, the jam-packed freeways, the golden gates of Beverly Hills, the Korean delis and slow decay of old Hollywood. What’s the latest haircut on Sunset Blvd? Who did you spot at Urth Café? And who’s dipping their hands in the sidewalk this week? We want to see LA cops, valley girls, paparazzi, movie-stars, wannabes and burn-outs. Take us on a trip from Canters to In ‘n’ Out, the Promenade to the Citywalk, from Dodger Stadium to Disneyland… and everywhere in between!

This is your big break, kid. Get ready for your close-up and approach the objects of your Lomographic desire as closely as possible! Show us YOUR Southern California, the way you see it, and you’ll be immortalized in Lomography’s version of a walk of fame. But we’re not ready to give away all our behind the scenes secrets yet. Stay tuned for the future of Lomography in Los Angeles!

Here are the details:
Prize(s): 5 piggy points for each uploader
Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated
Upload Limit: Unlimited
Minimum Photo Dimensions: 1200×1800 pixels for standard landscape format / 1500×1500 for medium format
Previous rumble submissions can be entered again for this rumble.
The winner announcement will take a few months instead of the two-week ultimatum for this rumble.
By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.

written by alexandrak

1. day3hugger

day3hugger

do we need tags?

2. devrimarie

devrimarie

yaaaaaay! I am excited for the new store....

3. lomosexual_manboy

lomosexual_manboy

Too lazy to dig out and rescan my Disneyland negs. ilovemydiana, it's all up to you I guess.

4. ethermoon

ethermoon

wow a lomography store in LA!!!!

5. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

could it be, could it be? a store in L.A.? could it be for real? Can I work there?:D

6. jblaze823

jblaze823

I think I have got most of mine submitted, but I am sure I can find some more.

7. trash-gordon-from-outer-space

trash-gordon-from-outer-space

So is this about L.A only or whole Southern California ??? I have some San Diego Shots that I would like to submit.

8. ouroborosx

ouroborosx

southern california is fine... you can even sneak in a few tijuana shots if you feel like it! ;)

9. cinzinc

cinzinc

woot! luckily i got a few pics from my short lived trip in LA a couple days ago. dint go around as much, time dint let me =(

10. drgonzo900

drgonzo900

Aw man, all my old shots are 768x512. I guess I'll have to do some scanning this weekend...

11. alexandrak

alexandrak

These shots are great! more more more!

12. lovekarma

lovekarma

<3 <3 <3

13. lovekarma

lovekarma

where's the new store going to be located? can't wait!!! <3

14. devrimarie

devrimarie

oh no, i have to resize everything.......sorry

15. devrimarie

devrimarie

I have three new rolls from Disneyland, pictures from the Seal Beach pier, and more new Hollywood stuff, I will try to get them developed as fast as possible!

16. lillipop

lillipop

I can't seem to submit pictures, what's going on?! =/