Photo Tagging Challenge ended almost 5 years ago

Are you up to the task of tagging each and every one of your photos? This rumble rewards ten hardworking users with delicious Piggies!

Our ever expanding Photos archive has surpassed over two million pictures uploaded and counting! Extravagant X-Pro shots, bold black & whites, radical redscales and cool colored images are aplenty and are waiting patiently for their time to shine in the spotlight. What do these photos need to claim their fame? Tags, of course!

In this rumble, we’re challenging all of you to tag all of your photos completely! Ten Lomographers with the most descriptive and complete tags wins themselves some very cool Piggies so start tagging and updating your metadata now! We’re going to run this Competition for a week, so go ahead and Tag!

written by cruzron

1. ilovemydiana

ilovemydiana

all my photos have been tagged since i loaded them!

2. xbalboax

xbalboax

awesome, i love tag!

3. kylewis

kylewis

Yeah I've always tagged are you counting those or just this weeks?!

4. ilovemydiana

ilovemydiana

yeah actually thats a good question. i just went through to make sure mine were indeed all tagged, fixed some tagging errors, added some tags, and retagged some other ones... but they were almost ALL tagged, and now they are all most definitely tagged completely so how are we picking winners? i hope retagging things didnt ruin my chances...
    good idea for a rumble though, i know i dont like it much when things aren't tagged!

5. majorted

majorted

damn, looks like I know what I'll be doing for the next week!

6. devrimarie

devrimarie

"most descriptive" ok that just means obsessive. I can do that.

7. luobodingr

luobodingr

what is the best way to go about tagging all your photos?
    Talk me through the steps?

8. panelomo

panelomo

i'd like to suggest a pull-down tab for the CAMERA and FILM similar to the COUNTRY tab. this will help TAG the photos properly.

9. panelomo

panelomo

instant tags would also be good like... when you choose LC-A as your camera, it would automatically tag your photos with LOMO, 35MM, ANALOG, etc.

or when you choose the film, say Kodak Elitechrome, it should automatically tag your photos with SLIDE, 35MM, KODAK, etc.

10. panelomo

panelomo

ok - - i'm checkinig my tags now... :)

11. cinzinc

cinzinc

so u want us to include pointless tags like "photograph, picture, image, his, him, boy, guy, macho, sneakers, shoe, shoe lace, sole" like that?

12. trash-gordon-from-outer-space

trash-gordon-from-outer-space

I agree with panelomo.
    Tagging should be made easier, first. There's not even an easy way to find your untagged pictures. Will there ever be the possibility to search for tags in my own lab? I really miss that feature.

13. cyan-shine

cyan-shine

I agree with panelomo and cinzinc. I think all my photos are tagged, but this is lomography, not a microstock site, what additional tags do I need? Male, 30-35 years old, Afro-American, copyspace ? Tagging should be made easier (especially Film/Camera) and if you want more tags enable ITPC support. Thus we can tag our pics using the method of our choice.
    Perhaps add a little checkbox by the film to denote if it is expired or not, most of my pics don't appear in the "film of the day" searches because I'm forced to use unorthodox tags to really describe them well :)

14. lomat

lomat

same here!

15. angelkath

angelkath

I agree with panelomo and cyan-shine, I really dislike how there are many tags about the same camera or film, the system should be simplified so that mistakes in tagging can be avoided. I end up having to use a tag that may or may not be the right or most popular tag, which means my image won't show up in searches. This is unnecessarily complicated :/

16. jon_meadowbrook

jon_meadowbrook

I'm glad that I love tagging my stuff!

17. falsedigital

falsedigital

All my photos have been tagged too. But I've said this before and I'll say it again...tags should not be case sensitive. If I tag LC-A or lc-a it should bring up the same results, but it doesn't.