You didn't think a worldwide competition would be a walk in the park, did you? Here's the first mission you need to accomplish for eternal Lomographic glory! Be sure to read through our Mission brief first though!
The gears are turning and the wheels are in motion for The Great Lomo LC-A Race! We are all waiting for the ten teams’ different Location entries to wow us on each turn but the buck doesn’t stop there. Each team has ten secret missions for each stage of the race and now, it’s time to unveil the first task!
Stage One Mission: Show your Local Flavor!
Parade the gustatory delights that’s undeniably local. Is it a hotdog stand that’s been at the corner street for 50 years? Or a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that serves more than exotic cuisine? Show us what makes your place tick! The winning photo will bag 50 Piggy Points to be split to all members of your team (5 Piggy Points each). So be sure to cheer on your team’s participant from afar, as it’s a win-win for all!
Meet our Race Jury and read up on further race clarifications!
- Prize(s): 50 Piggy Points split to members of the team with the winning photo (or photo set)
- Film/Camera Type: Only shots taken with the supplied race Lomo LC-A unit during the time period of July 7, 2009 – July 21, 2009 – Participants should turn over cameras to the next participant by July 21, 2009 but submissions for the first mission are allowed until July 28. Only participants of the Lomo LC-A Race are allowed to submit in this rumble.
- Remember to turn on your GPS unit while shooting!
Please check out the GPS Software download link here And the accompanying help section on how to operate the GPS unit. Further details will follow soon as to how you could upload the GPS location data.
- Upload Limit: 10 photos
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
- Tags must be completed with the following details for eligibility: Team name (ex. North America Team 1) and the mission stage tags: food , local flavor and lomo lc-a race mission
- By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.