Extended Rumble - Tourist in your Hometown ended almost 5 years ago

If you ever felt that you could rediscover your roots the time could not be any better with this extended rumble!

Its time to venture outside your safe heaven of home – work/university – bar – park and back home! Its a shame to live in a large city and only ever see the same streets, the same bars and the same faces each day! That’s why, for this rumble, we got a special task lined up for you!

We want you to dress up like a foreigner, walk around wearing a foreign sport jersey and show us that you are a hardcore fan, speak in foreign languages and sing tunes from a far off land! Whatever you do be sure that you capture the moment with your favorite analogue tool, either of yourself pretending to be a foreigner or of the reactions of your neighbors as they ask their local gods if you have indeed gone crazy!

This is no ordinary rumble, and thats why we are giving you a little bit more time and a little more something to take home at the end of the day.

Details:

• Upload at most 10 pictures for this rumble, at least 768 px in either size or width
  • No need to hurry with this rumble, we are giving you till the 25th of April to upload your shots!
  • For this rumble one winner will take home 53 piggies! (Enough to order your own Krab, currently on a 25% sale!)
  • By submitting your images to this rumble you allow Lomography.com the rights to use your pictures for promotional purposes

written by lucasjakobsson

1. larslau

larslau

Great one!

2. comezone

comezone

i can´t wait to see the submissions. good luck!

3. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

hehehhe alriiiiiiiiight!

4. stouf

stouf

Mmmm I don't really get it... I see some submissions that make me think that we can submit some simple shots of our hometown without being in the shot... Can we ?

5. panelomo

panelomo

hard one.

6. comezone

comezone

tomorrow i´m gonna work on this, i´m so excited...

7. myvitaminx

myvitaminx

done!:)

8. ripsta

ripsta

what is the size if i want to upload 120 pic

9. mephisto19

mephisto19

people looked at me as if i was stupid and i had seen someone walking around like i did i would have sreamed at him!!! :D surely FUN

10. mephisto19

mephisto19

did i read it wrong or do we have to dress up for that one?

11. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

For this rumble please either dress like you do not belong in your hometown or rediscover your town like a tourist would, speak in a foreign language, dance the salsa, sing the blues or throw tomatoes at each other (as long as neither of those are local traditions :P)

but of course there are more down to earth tourists as well, the choice is yours!

as for the upload size for a 120 pic, at least 768 px

12. eggzakly

eggzakly

think I snagged a couple for this one today, let's see how they turn out! :)

13. mephisto19

mephisto19

sent the films to the lab... cannot wait to have them back

14. quaisoir

quaisoir

accks!!i do have recent pics of that but on digital tho...lol...should've brought my analogue cams that day...damn!

15. -kosmonavt-

-kosmonavt-

yess! what a fun rumble :)

16. saidseni

saidseni

Do I have to do the part of dressing like tourist, etc? I mean, I already feel like a tourist in my own city, I have tons of "tourist" pictures and also, I'm blond with green eyes, sometimes people think I'm tourist... ;)

17. saidseni

saidseni

Ok, sorry, only now I notice lucasjakobsson comment. I think I fit the profile. :D

18. 007-0815-styler

007-0815-styler

let'zzz get ready to rumble.....

jippie-yahooo

Styler

19. mephisto19

mephisto19

i am scanning! hahahahahahaha! LOVE this one!

20. neja

neja

wow
    during the COngress in London I was running one of the workshops, and its theme was a role game. one of the lots suggested to act and shot as a 56 years old German tourist:)

21. mephisto19

mephisto19

and? and? and? the winner is??? am so curious about this rumble, cause i had enough time to make NEW shots