Lomoinstant_en

The End is a New Beginning ended over 5 years ago

Check out next missions theme

The time has come! Lomography will soon complete its metamorphosis and beta will move in to its new domain, www.lomography.com. Whatever face you pull when you read these lines, we want to see it! Are you ecstatic, happy, indifferent, tearful, suicidal? Whatever emotion grips you, be quick to shoot it, as this mission runs for just 2 weeks!

Go to the mission

written by lucasjakobsson

1. saidseni

saidseni

Sorry to say, but that is a sad new.

I like beta home, you can see the pictures better, but I don't like the organization of the lomo homes. I really enjoy the lomo homes at lomography.com, specially the walls. That's what first catch me, the walls.

Soo... can I keep my walls, pleeeeease...?

2. scootiepye

scootiepye

^^

3. monoflow

monoflow

HAHAHAHA! thats my picture! thats our model in drawing class but she went to party with us! :)

4. cinzinc

cinzinc

hopefully the uploading requirements of beta will move to the new place as wel. its much easier, dont have to resize your photo to a smaller size

5. smclemon

smclemon

It's still broken for me, the lomography team didnt seem to do much about all the comments on the "Trouble with uploading" topic either :/

6. grenoouille

grenoouille

I am with saidseni: the beta site is great, except for what concerns the homes... and I feel sorry for all the loss it will be as 2 thirds of the lomographers have not migrated...

7. grenoouille

grenoouille

oh and with an average of 115 seconds to refresh a page one does not feel like spending much time on the beta site... some stuff should be fixed before the final move...

8. maddyoulook

maddyoulook

will all our albums be moved over? because I've lost some of my negatives/discs :(

9. superlighter

superlighter

I'm scared by the future, the signals received from the Beta site on the last days are not so encouraging! I cross my fingers!

10. quaisoir

quaisoir

so far i love the Beta site...except the occasional hiccups...uploading is faster but there's nothing really spectacular u can do with the site like the old one where u can literally change the layout and feel of the page...i'm sure LSI have loads in store & i'm pretty much delighted! :)

11. trash-gordon-from-outer-space

trash-gordon-from-outer-space

I love the beta site. It's so much more interactive than the old one, it enhances the communication between the users and you have everything together in one place (homes, magazine, competitions, camera reviews...and on and on and on). It's just so much fun to click through the different sections. And the lab works really great for me, at least now that I understood how it wants ME to work ;-). I'm excited about the things that the lsi-guys and girls will come up with in the future. I'm sure it will be amazing, as always!

12. janette

janette

Please can you clarify if we need to move our albums from the old site to the new one or will this be done in the transition? I like the beta site for the fact that the pictures look good on it, but there are still some problems with it 'hanging' while trying to do stuff with it. In many ways I still prefer the old site, especially for the big walls of 40 pictures when you first view albums. But, hey, change can be good too. Most of my albums are still in the old site and I'd hate to lose them so please can you let us know if they will be moved automatically or if we have to do it. Many thanks, and keep up the good work. Big lomo love :-)

13. kylewis

kylewis

beta is still very much in Beta mode at the moment, there seem to be far too many glitches with its working to transfer yet. Everyones comments are so true. Upload is appallingly slow and page refreshing is torture, maybe they are too heavy.

We all want to retain our walls and I'm hoping that is just something we don't know about yet, that is of course what makes LOMO different.

It would also be nice to have our 'expert' status and how many visits/entries we've had. There are many little things that were great about our old homes. Will there still be a blog? it's all very well having a public blog but one on our homes would be good for those that keep them on a regular basis.
    I'm hoping that all files will be transferred, I have just had a meltdown on my external hard drive and it started self deleting, I lost files, a good few months, work so it would be nice to know that they were at least somewhere else.
    These are only thoughts and wishes as I love what goes on here and it would be a shame to lose these aspects. : ))

14. kylewis

kylewis

Even the fact that I just wrote the above in neat little legible paragraphs and it comes out as a daunting homognised lump says it all!!!

15. daniwahlers

daniwahlers

I love the new site and really don't mind not having lomowalls anymore. The way it is right now it is way easier for people who aren't members of the site to find the albuns for example, photos look better and bigger and we can have them in portrait format.
    The only thing that bothers me are the loading issues which I hope will be solved before they release this one.

16. mandashitley

mandashitley

My uploading is pretty fast. There are days when it's horrible but for the most part its fine. I just got a new internet service which SUCKS, so the fact that the beta site is slow on many days, it is even worse with my new service.

I agree with whoever said that the community is stronger here. The old site was such a mess I rarely bothered but to upload, and that was probably the biggest hassle.

Are we going to be able to do the movies and city things? I always loved that. I hope that transfers too....... :(

I much prefer the beta site in which you do not have to resize images and that the bigger the better.

Looking on lomo.com was always a bummer to me because the images were not big enough to see any details/they uploaded sideways if you didn't edit them perfectly. So for that I am glad. I do miss the style of the old lomo.com homes, the walls and everything, that was my favorite part. And also the style of the beta.lomo homes when it first started. I liked that better than the current state.

and I agree with kylewis, when you break it all up so it looks pretty and end up with just a lump of text, that kinda sucks too.

I think you guys are doing pretty well, there are a couple kinks, like links that don't exist, that are presented to you like they are links but they have never worked. Say you are on the Photos page and you click a link under Tags, it takes you to the page with all of those tagged photos, you click a photo, and when you want to click "next photo" it doesn't exist.

17. u-t-e

u-t-e

Pretty much all of the above is true. Period.
    BUT since the LSI-folks keep on asking us for our opinions and criticism I'm very confident about the new lomography.com! I'm excited and I think the people in Vienna (and whereever else the offices are) cannot really afford doing whatever they like without asking and considering us and our thoughts. It will probably take a few months to get accustomed to all the new things and it won't be perfect right at the beginning but we all rely on each other. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks.

18. lonur

lonur

Hey. I do like the beta site, but as some people mentioned, I'll miss the lomowalls and weblog sections if they go. Also, since there's so much statistical info here, why not add a way for us to see which of our photos have been seen/liked/commented on the most. Also, it'd be good to be able to modify photo info (on our own homes) without having to click through LAB. For instance, if I added the wrong Tag, I'd like to be able to correct it when I click on the pic to have a look at.

19. lonur

lonur

Oh, another thing! HORIZON SHOTS: It's a bit of a bummer when you click on Photos and only see part of the Horizon shots. Why not have a HORIZON preview format? I don't know about programming or anything, so I've no idea how feasible this might be. Anyway, I hope it helps. Thanks for the hard work, LSI.

20. stouf

stouf

I'm with Ionur ! I'd like to have the shape of our shots preserved... Wide for horizon and square for holga... pleeeeease...The walls would look so beautiful...

21. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

one more day!!!!!!
    I cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

22. jco405

jco405

!!!
  23. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

3 days ??

24. saudadebg

saudadebg

WHY YOU KEEP EXTENDING THE DATE FOR PIC SUBMISSION?

25. monoflow

monoflow

another 2 extra days!!!

26. camerabrain

camerabrain

Yeah nice layout for the most part but seem to have lost all photos and info from my original home...whaaaat?

27. analogeye

analogeye

ok, so if i submitted photos on the old site for this competition, and the link doesn't work on this one, will the old submissions even matter?

28. lomo_bernis

lomo_bernis

what's up whit all the submission from old lomo????????????????

29. ilovemydiana

ilovemydiana

WHERE DID EVERYTHING GO??? i dont even know how i found this page... and all my pictures are gone... and my wall is gone... and does anyone know if the old submissions are still there? im all shook up.

30. stijn_b

stijn_b

It works for me.
    I made a visit to old.lomography.com.
    All submissions are there.

31. camerabrain

camerabrain

Well, I must say how flashy.... but where's my photo albums they did not migrate!

32. bello_luce

bello_luce

Hmmm... so what happened to the old contest on the original site? I'd like to view the entries and see where mine fared.
  33. camerabrain

camerabrain

yeah...would like to know where contest results are for end is beginning...and what the heck was up with the contest deadline...it was supposed to be 2 weeks and every time I went to check it the deadline had been moved ahead.

34. stijn_b