Petzval_header_october_2014_en

Round-the-Clock Rumble: Ich Bin Ein Berliner! ended over 5 years ago

We're asking you for your best photos of anything of Berlin origin, or a fancily scrumptious doughnut for this edition of the user round-the-clock rumble series!

Hello there, our dear user rumble junkies! Our current title-holder wil6ka gives us a double-take theme taken from a quote which serves as our theme. President John F.Kennedy of the United States many years back said the famous line ‘Ich Bin Ein Berliner’ while in Berlin, which has a dual meaning of either “I am a citizen of Berlin” or “I am a jelly doughnut”. The jelly doughnut is a gourmet specialty in Germany, which sounds delicious!

Given the dualistic nature of the quote, we’re asking you for your best photos of anything of Berlin origin, or a fancily scrumptious doughnut. We’re only picking one though, as this is a user rumble!

Fancy some more historical snippets about this famous line in history? Check out these links: Ich Bin Ein Berliner and Kennedy’s Speech

Happy photo hunting and have a great weekend!

Details

• The winner gets a Lomobadge for his/her Lomohome and gets to choose the next user rumble theme
  • Any analogue camera not digitally manipulated
  • 1 photo only at least 768px in either width or height.
  • By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.

written by kazarareta

1. mephisto19

mephisto19

hahha great
    what a pitty i don'T have my berlin-pics back from the lab yet :(((

2. stouf

stouf

This is so funny ! I had no idea ! But mmm I think I don't have anything fitting the theme...

3. mattcharnock

mattcharnock

mmmmmmmm doughnuts!

4. azurblue

azurblue

This time, it is really hard, thanks wil6ka :)))

5. -a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

-a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

mmm I will leave for Berlin tomorrow morning at 11.55 a.m...i will be not in time...can you extend the rumble till monday when i come back? ,)

6. spendospend

spendospend

hahah nice theme, but my friends eat doughnuts too quickly for me to snap them :(

7. comezone

comezone

hmm... i´ve got nothing to submit here. i should go to berlin with my lomos.

8. mephisto19

mephisto19

oh ja... please extend it... could scan this weekend :D

9. neoex

neoex

Berlin is one of my favorite cities in Europe. The place to be, really.
  10. quaisoir

quaisoir

lol...i can't think of a pic for this!never been to Berlin nor do i have pics of donuts...:P

11. masha_njam

masha_njam

arm aber sexy :)

berlin is the best city of the world!

12. mizzfonky

mizzfonky

I have loads of Berlin pictures, but I've won one rumble already :-)

13. mephisto19

mephisto19

my laab sent me the negatives back yesterday so they might arrive today...
    seems it will be an afternoon of scanning IF they arrive...

14. icuresick

icuresick

My entry was uploaded more than once!! AGAIN!!! So sad. :((

15. panelomo

panelomo

oops.. what do i have?

16. mephisto19

mephisto19

i am scanning, i am scanning!!! and the sun is shining... second day this year... and i spend my time with scanning :/

17. yoscolmi

yoscolmi

i have the perfect idea for this one, but i think i'm not fast enough to realize that in 4 hours....such a pity! damn it would have been nice!

18. bear1973

bear1973

My shot is from my very first roll from my Fisheye 2, which I bought in Berlin. This is one of the first photos I took in Berlin.

19. daniwahlers

daniwahlers

Just a pitty that it's only one shot allowed, I've been to Berlin a few weeks ago and have a lot of cool pics

20. mephisto19

mephisto19

AHHHHHHHHHHH... i still have three shots to scan and one of them is my chosen shot (of course from the last film)... hope i can make it within ten minutes.... scanning, storing, uploading...

21. annegreat

annegreat

Nice topic!
    Only to confuse you: in Berlin this kind of doughnut is called "Pfannkuchen" (wich means literally pancake). Only the rest of Germany calls it "Berliner".

22. mephisto19

mephisto19

there are people saying KRAPFEN,too, like we here around hannover...

23. mrbeagles

mrbeagles

sorry.....only just realised you were meant to enter one picture! in that case just consider my double exposure one of the tv tower. whoops naughty boy.