Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

First Winners - Photo Upload Rumble ended about 5 years ago

The newest feature at the beta site, "photos":http://beta.lomography.com/photos is just great, don't you think? Now don't lie, because we know that you have been uploading, voting and commenting like never before! In fact, the weekly upload figure more than doubled from an average of about 3000 pictures per week to 6600 since photos launched! We know that we gave you some incentive (other than the ability to test this awesome new feature of course) and we are now happy to announce the first winners for the photo upload rumble! 10 piggies coming to 3 lucky (or hard working) winners :)

The newest feature at the beta site, photos is just great, don’t you think? Now don’t lie, because we know that you have been uploading, voting and commenting like never before! In fact, the weekly upload figure more than doubled from an average of about 3000 pictures per week to 6600 since photos launched! We know that we gave you some incentive (other than the ability to test this awesome new feature of course) and we are now happy to announce the first winners for the photo upload rumble! 10 piggies coming to 3 lucky (or hard working) winners :)

Most Ratings Given

Vicuna really likes this new feature and made it know to the world that he liked 115 photos! 10 pink ones on their way!

Runners up:

• mandashitley 47 ratings
  • day3hugger 40 ratings
  • strangelilgirl 30 ratings
  • graefin 27 ratings

Most Comments Written

Our winner is Vicuna again with 78 comments, but as he already took home the first category we send the piggies to a close runner up, day3hugger with just 4 comments less.

Runners up:

• day3hugger 74 comments
  • strangelilgirl 48 comments
  • graefin 45 comments
  • anarchy 41 comments

Most Uploads With Complete Meta Data (camera used, film used, at least one tag, location)

day3hugger takes home this category with an incredible 362 uploads! But as you saw, he already got his worth of Lomography currency in the last category hence zark, with just 7 uploads less adopts the last 10 piggies!

Some close runners up:

• zark 355 uploads
  • xbalboax 191 uploads
  • dirklancer 191 uploads
  • nakolb 186 uploads
  • vicuna 140 uploads

The piggies stop here, but just in case you are interested here are some more statistics from the weekend!

The Most Uploads

• day3hugger 419 uploads
  • zark 357 uploads
  • xbalboax 347 uploads
  • dirklancer 267 uploads
  • trash-gordon-from-outer-space 195 uploads

Most Commented Upon Photos:

Highest Rated Photos

The Lomography staff has been busy testing this feature like crazy as well, and we love it :)

Keep uploading and win more piggies tomorrow!

written by lucasjakobsson

1. larslau

larslau

You could throw a piggy or fourty at the highest rated and most commented photos, you cheapskates! -- (-; just kidding, congrats to the winners!

2. teresa-canelas

teresa-canelas

How ca i submit my pics ???

3. vicuna

vicuna

Thanks a lot!! And yes, I really like this new "photo" feature, it's a perfect way to brows through a huge amount of photos: just sit down, relax with a cup of coffee or tea, chose a tag/camera/camera/place and there you go for a fantastic stream of pictures! And have the possibility to rate the shots (a bit like the jpg's favorites) and leave comments, that's what I like!! And I really discovered new shots I never saw before (although they were uploaded since a little time by their owners) or re-discovered some shots I liked before, but there I can rate them! :))))
    Thanks again for the piggies (it's the cherry on the cake...;))) but really thanks for this new photographic immersion feature of the beta site!!! :))))

4. vicuna

vicuna

Oh, and will there be the possibility to know the ratings of the pics directly on the homes? And rate them directly there too? Because if you're visitig someones home and want to rate a shot you like but that you must find again in the "photos" to rate it.....

5. larslau

larslau

I would also like the feature vicuna talks about...

And the posibility to see the pics I have rated

6. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ vicuna

we are currently redoing the homes and we are aware of this issue. the homes is the next section to launch and this among other things will be included - give us a week or so :)

7. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ lasrlau

sorry was not announced before, only mentioned these pics for fun

8. mephisto19

mephisto19

rumble? hä? winners? did i miss something?

9. xbalboax

xbalboax

congratz to the winners, guess i gotta try harder :) there are some really amazing photos out there and it if wasnt for the photos section i dont think i would of found them. great job guys!

10. vicuna

vicuna

@lucas: no doubt that you're working hard on the new homes, and I'm aware of the huge work you're doing!! W:)) I'm very excited to see progressively all the new features coming out and when all will be finished the new lomography.com will really be a great site! Sure that it will be different from the old homes (and I understand very well all those who are a bit confused with the new beta) but I'm sure that everybody will fully appreciate the new site when all will be finished! :)))

11. graefin

graefin

ui, I'm in two categories :D but I've just done what I always do,browsing through tons of wonderful pictures! Photos is great!

12. lomodirk

lomodirk

Hahaha, if I wouldn`t known better, I would think Vicuna is some kind of alone and jobless freak :D

13. anarchy

anarchy

Great work with the Photos section! I'd like to ask if you could make the database connect similar tags that are the same but spelled a little different? Right now there are 3 instances of the LC-A+ in a list of the 5 most popular cameras (the other two being LC-A and Fisheye2). The same goes for other tags like X-pro/Xpro/crossprocess, etc....
    I understand it's a timeconsuming process to link everything by hand, but isn't there a dictionary or something that can perform this task automatically, like when you misspell something in a google search?

For the new homes I'd love to see a summary of comments/ratings... A list of both my own shots that others rated/commented on, but also a list of which shots I myself have commented so that I can easily browse back and see if there was a reply later...

Lastly, I think I mentioned this a long time ago, but as we're still in Beta stage, how about a "sticky" post for feedback to keep the Magazine posts cleaner? I reckon the posts in the blog are only active for a few days... A sticky that stays on top, for all the feedback, could be of great benefit for everyone...

Anyhow, you guys are doing a great job! Thanks!!

14. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ anarchy

we are actually working on linking the tags now so hopefully in a day they should be cleaned up, there are a lot to go through

as for the ideas - great well look into this for sure, and for the stickies - there is the email beta@lomography.com that is meant for these type of feedback remarks, so send us a message if you have some more ideas

15. vicuna

vicuna

@lomodirk: ha ha ha, yes, could look like this :)))))))))) But be sure that I'm not a lonely jobless bored guy but a passionated & enthusiastic lomographers who loves pictures! Sure I spend a lot of time on lomography.com (too much??)..... ;))))

16. lomodirk

lomodirk

Just kidding, I know you`re a passionated lomographer but don`t ask me if you spend to much time on lomography.com, it`s not in my hands to judge about that ;) :D :D :D

But if you ask me,no :)

17. anarchy

anarchy

@ lucasjakobsson

Thanks! I'll try to collect my ideas and make use of that e-mail adress =)

Cheers!
    /A.

18. vicuna

vicuna

@lomodirk: I know you're joking :D :D :D

19. kylethefrench

kylethefrench

I don't really understand this new function but it seems like people are loving it so that is great

20. 7samurai

7samurai

Yo

21. day3hugger

day3hugger

thanks LSI i really needed those piggies!! by the way day3hugger is a girl not a he LOL :)
    im loving the new site specially the uploading it's sooo easy and convenient, you can relax and do other stuff while beta uploads it ,can't wait to see the new features

@ lomodirk: haha don't think that we are lomofreaks LOL!! i just saw an easy way to earn 10 piggies just by appreciating and enjoying so many great shots, i can't believe i wrote so many lol but it's really eay wit

22. day3hugger

day3hugger

...with so many great lomographs out there

23. kirri-joy

kirri-joy

good job to the winners! "woah" - i thought my 50 images uploaded was a fair amount, hahaha.

while everyone is suggesting things, i have a suggestion...when you upload photos to a Camera Review or a Lomolocation, it would be brilliant to be able to select images from your lab instead of having to upload them from your hard drive all over again. :D

24. kirri-joy

kirri-joy

woops i will email that address..sorry