LC-A Anniversary Year Daily Photo Diary ended over 4 years ago

Take one picture of the same thing every day for a whole year. It´s about charishing your lc-a, dedication and endurance.

Let´s pay a special hommage to 25 years of lca. After years of recieving incredible fun, joy and lomographies from the handy compact automat it´s payback time.
By far the best and most adequate way to charish your lc-a is pressing that seductive release knob as often as you can. It´s a special year for our faithful compagnion that has come along with us wherever we took it. Now show such endurance on your own and make one picture of you, your room, the fridge, your pillow after getting up, whatever you like…each and every day – for a whole year. Show off your life in your lca diary!

As it would be unacceptable if you had to upload each and every picture to that competition we figured out a more comfy way for you to take part and submit.
Just tag images dedicated to that competition with “lcadiary” and don´t forget to name your camera (“lc-a” or lc-a+) when you´re uploading them to your beta- home. Images with camera “lc-a or lc-a+” and tagged “lcadiary” will then go straight into the gallery on the anniversary site.

Don´t submit here – upload to your homes and tag your diary pictures with “lcadiary” and enter camera name “lc-a” or “lc-a+”! Ideally you add the date to the picture title or description! Your diary pictures will then soon be displayed on the upcoming anniversary site!

• Allowed Cameras: lc-a, lc-a+
  • Only upload diary pictures to your beta- home naming camera “lc-a/lc-a+” tagged it with “lcadiary” and you´re in the competition
  • Price: worthy surprise pack for best overall diary
  • 365 pic maximum

So get prepered and check out our self portrait kits full of helpful gadgets for your lc-a diary shoots. You might also take a look at our film shop to buy ahead before you run out of shots!

By submitting your photos to this competition, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.

Your fabulous submissions to the anniversary projects, be they pucker photo uploads, peachy postcards or tantalizing tales, will find their way into our special LC-A 25th anniversary touring exhibition which will culminate in a grand slam final event!

All those anniversary activities are gathered and presented at the fabulous Lomo LC-A Anniversary Site. Better keep having a look at it – elsewise you might miss something exciting!

written by somapic

1. day3hugger

day3hugger

wow! what if we don't upload 365 pics? do they still count?

2. sonjabean

sonjabean

Do you want 365 pictures of the same thing? Or just 365 pictures from your life?

3. strangelilgirl

strangelilgirl

and starting on Jan. 1st, right?

4. adi_totp

adi_totp

woooowwww... cool stuff.. buy some films then and starting to shoot from the 1st of january..hahaha

5. graefin

graefin

Great idea!!!

6. mephisto19

mephisto19

yeah....!!!!!! that is a great competition!

7. lomodirk

lomodirk

Wow, some time lapse thing... ;) great idea

8. somapic

somapic

@sonjabean - you can take pictures of whatever you like - if you want to make a timelaps-series you´re welcome!
    @day3hugger - of course they´ll count, but the more complete the better :-)
    @strangelilgirl - you should start taking pics on the first of january

Happy New Year and loads od holiday fun for all of you!!!

9. copefan

copefan

fannytastic....... count me in, I just hope i'm sober enough on the 1st.......... but hey...... could be a good shot!

10. dogma

dogma

wow wow wow, super fantastic i'm in :D

11. superlighter

superlighter

wow! that's crazy! I like it and I'm ready for this massive competition. I remember that when I've bought my first LC-A in 1997 I've made a physical LomoDiary on my first lomo-week.

12. ethermoon

ethermoon

So everyday it must be uploaded? Coz I have to finish a 36 or 24 exp and that means nearly a month to upload the batch. :)

13. ndroo

ndroo

Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem is I've already planned a Lensbaby diary thingie for months and now this ... guess I'll have to lug 2 cameras around then :D

14. anelfandhiszippo

anelfandhiszippo

This should be interesting =)

15. copefan

copefan

i'll try to use a different film stock every month...... now that's a challenge!....... ooooo which one first!

16. ndroo

ndroo

@copefan - you don't need to be sober to use a LC-A :D

17. lomollete

lomollete

That's mint! but do we have to upload a picture a day or can we upload like seven pictures one day, then three pictures another day and so on?

18. somapic

somapic

@lomolette - of course you don´t need to upload every day.

I think it would be the best if you just created a new album on your lomohomes where you upload your diary pictures to whenever they´re developed. Just don´t forget to tag them “lcadiary” and enter camera name “lc-a” or “lc-a+” if you then add the date the pic stands for as the picture title nothing should go wrong!
    We´re not expecting any entries on the first of january as that´s when you should start shooting:-)
    Remember, you don´t need to submit as usual! We will stream the fully tagged pictures from your homes to a diary - lomowall on the anniversary site.

19. oldskool_rider

oldskool_rider

wow, this sounds fun!

i am so happy that i got an LC-A+ for my birthday/Christmas

20. ndroo

ndroo

Okay! I've decided to do it! Hehehe!

21. copefan

copefan

got my lc-a and my film and i'm ready to go........ well red scale, gonna turn the new year red...... first pic 3 hours away!

22. panelomo

panelomo

oldskool_rider <----- envy you. :(

LCA as a gift... woot!

23. gemma81de

gemma81de

If I got it right we are supposed to post only 1 pic for each day (not 2 on one day and none the next for example)? So if I uploaded and tagged a pic for one day can I later decide to change the pic of that day or is it done once I "submitted" the pic?

24. almudein

almudein

oohh!! i've been out of "the world" for sooo long and now I found this cool photo diary! can I still do it even though I've missed almost 1 month!? :)
  25. golfpunkgirl

golfpunkgirl

hi, is it possible to just join in now? ive missed a good two months already...

26. adayinthelife_project

adayinthelife_project

I tagged all my photos with 'lcadiary' but under camera I always put Lomo LC-A+, does it matter if its in caps or small letters?

Submissions are hidden while this competition is running