Round-the-Clock Rumble: Elderly Love ended over 5 years ago

This installment of Round-the-Clock rumble gives tribute to the wonderful contribution of our *grandparents* in our lives!

We’re guessing pretty much all of us have special places in our hearts for our Grannies and Gramps. From the times they snuck us out a lollipop when we were kids, covered us up for our secret teenage midnight rendezvous date or walked us down the aisle – they’ve been there for us since time inconceivable.

This time, we’re giving a full salute to our grandparents – submit and proclaim to the world of your love to them!

New to this rumble:

For this rumble we are changing the rules of the game a bit. The winner of this rumble will have the opportunity to choose the theme of next week’s contest (and the winner of next week’s rumble will choose the theme for the week after that and so on).

CONTEST DETAILS

Allowed Cameras: Any analog camera photo not digitally enhanced

Prizes:

• Winner – Chance to choose next week’s theme

Upload Limit: 1 Photo

Minimum Dimensions: At least 768px either width or height

Please note that sample photos are theme suggestions only. Feel free to be creative with your interpretation of the theme!

By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your photo submissions for promotional purposes.

written by kazarareta

1. jelga

jelga

i miss them so....

2. xkelx

xkelx

i love the violin man by maya_newman :)

3. superlighter

superlighter

my grandmà Laura in the 2004 the day she was 90, what a lovely day it was, she was so happy, she never tough to became so old, she's gone one year ago, I miss here so much.

4. larslau

larslau

I submit a picture of my grandfather in his young days with one of his horses.

5. myloveletter

myloveletter

That is the greatest thing ever, that the winner can pick the next theme! Great idea!!

6. agaltier

agaltier

well, the annouce of the last picture this! about the window was called as nostalgic ... I think this one is more ...... Beautiful thema, and thks LSI for such dynamism on the community

7. agaltier

agaltier

to superlighter : your granma was beautiful ..... wonderful pic ... I like this eyes ... full of something so specific to our grands ....

8. graefin

graefin

My grandma is laughing on my picture. She doesn't laugh very often these days because she's in pain a lot. She has osteoporosis. Her hips, her arm, her leg, everything hurts. But on this day she found a knife and some sunglasses lying on the wall surrounding her backyard. No idea who left the stuff there. She put the glasses on and held the knife and said: "I could rob a bank looking like this couldn't I?" And I answered "Yes you could - but they know you there so, it won't work." And then we both burst with laughter.

9. sonjabean

sonjabean

"next weeks rumble" should have an apostrophe, i.e. "next week's rumble" ... Oh how I wish I could have moved to Vienna and gotten that English writing job!

10. aldo_mariano

aldo_mariano

Mmm, Interesting!
    But I must look in my archiver.

11. tmmluis

tmmluis

but the winner still get piggies, right?

12. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ sonjabean

sorry about the ' should be right now?

@ tmmulis

for this rumble the award is to be able to chose, so not piggies, there are other rumbles for piggies that you can enter

13. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ sonjabean

sorry about the ' should be right now?

@ tmmulis

14. tom_ashor_bhaan

tom_ashor_bhaan

mine is digi, i just submit it for your fun-

15. sonjabean

sonjabean

You got one apostrophe in there, but you still need to put in two more. I guess I wasn't clear that the problem was with all of the "weeks." This sentence needs one: "The winner of this rumble will have the opportunity to chose the theme of next weeks contest." As does this one: "Prizes: Winner – Chance to chose next weeks theme."

16. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ sonjabean

:) now it should be good i hope!

17. leatherheart

leatherheart

.I introduce to you my 96yo grandpa.

"..not piggies, there are other rumbles for piggies that you can enter".

.........but you can use our photos for promotional purposes.
    -.-

18. superlighter

superlighter

yuuummm...English lessons! need some :))

19. leatherheart

leatherheart

..daii!. .questo è un altro grande problema. :D

20. aldo_mariano

aldo_mariano

I did the photo in 1993. I was 14.
    I was on vacation with my grandparents in Ivory Coast.
    This was my first camera, a Minolta

21. makeyuu

makeyuu

haha i got loads!

22. pantsuitugggh

Woops, wrong picture :p

23. disdis

disdis

My grandparents are all gone. But there are lots of grandparents out there in little village of Castilla waiting for time goes by.

24. kristintachibana

kristintachibana

um, that's my grammy up there, how'd she get there?! haha.

25. kristintachibana

kristintachibana

oh well, so i guess i can't use that photo. that's the one i would've used. no fair! who put that up! ahhh! LOL!

26. fotoglove

fotoglove

time for the grandpa in my picture to find a new retirement home :)

27. weechonghooi

weechonghooi

So hard to choose.. granny or papa???
    this is exciting.. only one limited~!!!

28. anarchy

anarchy

@ kristintachibana:

I had the same dilemma once and excluded the image used in the banner (which was perfect for the mission), however not long after someone else had his/her image in the banner for a new rumble and used the same image as a submission and actually won the whole thing, if I remember correctly... So I guess it's alright to use it if you want to...

29. poshone

Great rumble!!!

30. cloclo109

cloclo109

yay !
    i have had an awwwwsome pic of my Mamie ( grandma in french ) and i am so happy that i can now use it! yay !

31. maddyoulook

maddyoulook

35 is awesomeee

32. leatherheart

leatherheart

..god bless maddyoulook.

33. kristintachibana

kristintachibana

@ anarchy

REALLY?! Awww, I guess I should've just used it. That's my favoritest pic of my grammy. I even made stamps out of them and gave it to everyone. Hahaha ;)

34. scootiepye

scootiepye

ok so I just uploaded and yeah she is pushin 65 - even at that age flippers are not a problem :)