Petzval_header_october_2014

Online Rumble London ended almost 6 years ago

Listen up muchachos e mucheres,

Listen up muchachos e mucheres,

The Lomography Embassy London has been invited by the Programming and Cultural Events team for the 7th DLA Latin American Film Festival, London, 2008 to create a visual exhibition to celebrate this joyous event. And that’s were you come into play.

While London Lomographers will be shooting pictures at the first night of this event, the Dios del muertes party, you’ll get to chance to have your shots featured along with theirs at an enourmous LomoWall showcased at the prestigious Notting Hill Arts Club on November 13th.

As this is gonna be a part of the Latin American Film Festival, your shots should be relating to:

• Latin America
  • Day of the Dead
  • Cinema
  • Festival

Put these 4 buzzwords into a blender, mix ‘em well and you’ve got exactly the Margerita we are looking for.

Deadline: 09.11.2008

Photo format:

• landscape
  • square

Size:

• 1800×1200 pixel (or more) for landscape format
  • 1200×1200 pixel (or more) for square format

Check this link for more details on the events

As a little tip. we’re hoping you will tag your photos so we can find them easier in our archives. Yeah, we know we’re putting you to work here. But if you could be so kind as to go to your beta home after you’ve uploaded and tag your photos with the categories above (and anything else that would make your photo easier to find later) we’ll be very grateful. We may even throw a few extra piggies at anyone who shows some serious tagging initiative! We’re sure to look a little longer at your photos if you do (hint hint).

written by pan_dre

1. dogma

dogma

Snatch!!!!! aaaaaa aaaaaaaaa
    Hope i was fast enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. stinketier

stinketier

i hope i was fast enough too!
    We will see

3. dirklancer

dirklancer

oooh...
    snatch?
    I hope I'm spooky enough.

4. alexroarsatlyons

alexroarsatlyons

snatch

5. mephisto19

mephisto19

so we have to upload the shots to our beta- homes and tag them, so you are looking for them there?

6. kylewis

kylewis

Is that supposed to be a piggy? snatch!!

7. mephisto19

mephisto19

WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THE UPLOAD LIMIT? I WOULD HAVE MADE ANOTHER CHOICE!!! CAN YOU PLEASE REMOVE MINE SO I HAVE THE CHANCE TO UPLOAD ONLY TEN????

8. kylewis

kylewis

Where does it say about the limit?

9. mephisto19

mephisto19

nowhere
    that was my problem and i hope they remove my shots so i can sort ten out

10. strangelilgirl

strangelilgirl

well, i gave it a shot. not many pix that exactly fit this theme, but no harm in being creative with it, right?

11. strangelilgirl

strangelilgirl

ok, i may have gotten too excited about being creative and submitted a couple that were the wrong format. so sorry...i guess everyone does it once. but hey i caught myself right away.

12. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ mephitso19

no upload limit

13. mephisto19

mephisto19

cool
    thanks

14. kylewis

kylewis

Trying to upload more pics to this but the server seems to have been down for a few hours!!! dont want to miss the deadline!!
    WHAT happens next then?

15. breakphreak

breakphreak

you must be kidding, guys :(
    I am trying to upload some images from Halloween in Hong Kong, but it simply does not work - the upload ends up, while I can't see the new images added to my lab.

Ain't it a bit unfriendly? Would be much cooler at least to leave a comment/update about what's happening on your site there.

Also, tried to drop a message on usability issues of the lab both to the relevant blog article and to 'beta@l_o_m.orrrgraphy.com'. Haven't got any replies either.

16. mephisto19

mephisto19

kylewis, your shots rock!!!!!!

17. breakphreak

breakphreak

I choose "upload", then I press "Browse", then I choose file, then I press "Upload", then I am taken to the "Albums" page, where in every album the number of images is just like BEFORE the upload.

What am I doing wrong, please???
    There is only one day left! :(

18. breakphreak

breakphreak

VERY USEFUL INFO:

Finally I've got it: it does not work with Firefox3, but with Windows Internet Explorer.

@lomo guys: could you please publish the info about the supported browsers. If you already did that - I apologize.

19. kylewis

kylewis

@ pan dre
    When and how will we know if any are to be used?