The Perfect Mis-take ended over 5 years ago

When things go wrong sometimes the results can pleasantly surprise! Remember to tell us the story behind your perfect mistake to be in with a chance of winning the mission.

Don’t miss this months mission at lomography.com. Check the link for more details!

Note: The picture above is a random entry from the current mission taken by ethermoon. The winning shot has not been chosen and this picture does not have an advantage.

written by pan_dre

1. agrimony

agrimony

wasn't there a mission with almost the same theme some months ago?

2. suttree

The easiest mistake of all on the LCA... forgetting to focus. But sometimes it works.
  3. cheeso

cheeso

I was taking pictures with black and white film in my LC-A, and I accidentally opened the camera back when I took this picture. The place is supposed to be haunted, so, the ghostly image kinda works...

4. edley

edley

I don't know if this is a "perfect" mistake, but it made for interesting results. It was lunchtime on the day of my bachelor party, so I was doing things like a bachelor. I stopped at my favorite junk food stand - Henry's Tacos - to pick up some bachelor-style lunch. Since it is such a colorful place, I decided to snap a few pics with my Diana. As I am still getting used to a completely manual camera, I forgot to wind the film after each exposure. The result is my submission, and one of my personal favorites.
  5. superlighter

superlighter

accidentally blind the exposure light sensor with a finger!

6. tupiniquim

tupiniquim

I was st the beach shooting with my smena symbol a couple of months ago and I REALLY don't remember what was that about. I guess I tryied to make multiple exposures but it didn't work as I had planned. In any case, this is one of my personal favourites, the colours and the contrast are amazing!

7. adbigmilk

adbigmilk

I love the colors on this picture. And the red stain on the side. Don't remember what i was looking for and i took it. I was suprise to see the results

8. alexeiz

This "picture" was taken with an Ultronic plastic toy camera. It is colored bright and yellow and is really light. The shutter wasn't functioning properly, so I ripped its plastic belly and played around in it a little. The result was a hand-made multiple exposures capable camera with the possibility of manual long exposures, since all the mechanisms were exposed. Anyways, I show a roll with it, turned out with light leaks eeeeverywhere and particularly on this shot... I mean, the whole thing IS A light leak. It looks like I took a picture of a fire! I don't what the hell I was shooting at!

9. tracyvmoore

tracyvmoore

My red shot inside the Seamonster Lounge of the band playing, was a total mistake. I had had three friends holding color splashes ready to flash them when i set off my horizon....and not a single flash went off. I'm glad now because i love the "flashless" result.

10. tracyvmoore

tracyvmoore

My Green shot of the tube in London just came all melty...and I really don't know why. I don't think I did anything to create this effect...since all my other shots came out fairly normal. But I love the dreamyness of this shot.

11. northwardnimbus

northwardnimbus

you are flawed from the very beginning.

12. mantozauras

mantozauras

This was unplanned multi exposure :) I just forget that the film was already used!

13. daniwahlers

daniwahlers

I'm not a 100% sure of how my swiss landscape photos came to be the way they are. But I think it had to do with the time I took to develop them (about 3 years. In the meantime the chemicals probably worked their magic leaving it with this brownish, very noisy style.

14. darkcanopy

darkcanopy

yes, the unplanned multiple exposure. what happened to me when I'm shooting with my holga was that after I took a shoot, I forgot to advance to the next film frame. after that I took a shot again... not realizing that I used an exposed film frame from my previous shot :)
  15. ludet21

my submitted shot was my first lomo experience. a not so expected multiple exposure was done with this pic. with lots of shots taken from my first lomo walk, i didn't know what/where/who/when exactly i was mx-ed with, which I considered a suprisingly sweet mis-take!
  16. thelotusflower

Submitted shot is a multiple exposure photo of my officemates , forwarded it a bit, then took a long exposure of christmas lanterns that overlapped with the photo of my officemate. Yeah, enjoy.
  17. tupiniquim

tupiniquim

Well... It's not that much rar for me to open my supersampler thinking that there's no film inside it.... And I also often forget to take off the close up filters that I use with my holga, so... There they are!

18. newdimensionfilms

My shot was made by having the 6x6 frame in my holga but looking at the guides for 16 frames, overlapping ensued. In this case however, I really liked how it came out, the colors matched up nicely.
  19. frommert

frommert

i have no idea what happened here.
  20. goldenpoppy

I had my camera on the ground and was moving stuff out of my purse and when i grabbed my camera it snapped a picture! peanut, my dog, was watching me do all this, and i got the perfect shot of him!
  21. adi_totp

adi_totp

doubles and doubles yaaaaaayyyy!!

22. alvik

alvik

Well, my Zenit is shortsighted and there are a lot of moments that i wish it had glasses. I submitted one of them.

23. hanspan

hanspan

"The Lodge"
    i was trying to take some pictures of the house just round the corner from mine while walking my dog with new diana in hand. Turns out that my aim is totally rubbish, as this was meant to be a picture of the whole house over the gate with the iron work at the bottom of the picture.
    Was really quite upset at the pics when i got them back an hour or so ago. Now i've had a good look im happy but i can see all my mistakes, compared to how i wanted it to look.
    Not sure why it's terribly blue either.. another mistake?!

Submissions are hidden while this competition is running