Lca_120_september_2014_header

Extended Redscale Rumble ended almost 6 years ago

To celebrate the launch of the newest film rolling out of the Lomography office, the "Redscale 35 mm":http://shop.lomography.com/go/?where=shop&pro=rss film, and the launch of a new section to magazine, the competitions, here is an extended, special edition rumble for you.

To celebrate the launch of the newest film rolling out of the Lomography office, (the Redscale 35 mm film), and the launch of a new section to the magazine (competitions), here is an extended, special edition rumble for you.

The theme?

We want your best shoots of forests, abandoned houses, isolated roads, industry zones, cellars, attics, bridges, parks, paths, graffiti, in fact most objects that have a special history to them and a mystical feeling.

The prizes?

We though we could give something else than piggies this time, and what better product than, yes you guess correctly, Redscale. film!

The winning shoot takes home 5 packs (that would be 15 rolls) and 3 runner ups get 2 packs each (6 rolls).

There is no upload limit for this rumble! 3 weeks! Only Redscale film! shoots allowed!

written by lucasjakobsson

1. kylewis

kylewis

So, we shoot in redscale and get redscale back...if we win?!
    Are the sizes the normal 768 or larger?
    Fantastic!!

2. kino-eye

kino-eye

I'm confused. Is the rumble for redscale shots, or is it just called that cause the prize is redscale film? Can I submit any style of images?

3. alexcuterockerartist

alexcuterockerartist

its great i love redscale!!

4. babo

babo

@ kino-eye
    From what I see on the text we`re only allowed to post redscale pictures (either using your own redscaled film or the new lomography one)

5. kylethefrench

kylethefrench

oh so much redscale

6. flashback

flashback

does anyone know how the film carries a red hue?

7. boredbone

boredbone

can i still submit images that i submitted in the last redscale rumble?

8. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ kylewis

the size should be the normal 768 or higher

@ kino-eye

the rumble is for redscale shoots onlye. the style and the motif is up to you :)

@ boredbone

you are free to submit any images that you want that are redscale, however please bear in mind that the jury might favor new shoots over those they have seen before.

Hope this helps!

9. larslau

larslau

What kind of film did everybody use? I used lomofilm and it only has a slight hint of orange/red....

10. leicagirl

me and my HOLGA love redscales!!!! sometimes romantic and other times so weird.
  11. xbalboax

xbalboax

cant wait, just got my redscale film and its all loaded, shooting away :)

12. kino-eye

kino-eye

@ larslau. I used Fuji Superia 400 film and it seem to give a very deep blood red hue.

13. spela

spela

First of my fotos are taken with Smena and Fuji 100 Velvia, for Fishy i have Fuji 200 Sensia

14. wherearemysunglasses

wherearemysunglasses

I just want to say that I my redscale film came today and I'm so excited! A lot of these images remind me of Andy Warhol's 'Red Disaster!"

15. agrimony

agrimony

kino-eye, your shots are great!!!

16. mephisto19

mephisto19

i used lomo redscale film

17. xpunklovex

xpunklovex

i used lomo redscale film

18. faefaefae

faefaefae

i redscaled a lucky color 200 negative and reversed the film myself. fingers crossed!

19. faefaefae

faefaefae

oh no darn! only lomo redscale film is allowed?

20. sqizo

i redscaled with my holga and a kodak iso 100, it was a wonderfull wrong loaded film!!!!! YEAAAH!!!!
  21. poshone

Just uploaded mine! Love redscale!

22. poshone

@ larslau: If you use the Lomo redscale, make sure you use it when it's pretty clouded/darker outside. It makes it much more red/orange confronting taking pictures in wide sun. I took al mine inside or when it was VERY clouded & they turned out great! (imho)

23. superlighter

superlighter

@faefaefae: not only lomo redscale film!!! you can do it yourself with any film you want! :)

24. jonasfx

jonasfx

didn't have the clams to develop my roll... but hey, I did try it before with my holga~

25. ekaj74

first time making redscale w/ lomo film so excite!
  26. babo

babo

Theres something strange happening here! On my submited images there are some pictures that I didnt upload for this rumble... but I cant find them on the submitted images above! Can you guys pleas check this out?

27. julirai

julirai

hey
    i know i am stupid. i just uploaded a bunch of pics, but none of them is shot with redscale film, i didnt read the competition details to the end. so please dear people at lomography, dont look through my shots, just throw them away. thanks.

jul

28. ozz_rockfriends

ozz_rockfriends

i use kodak 200 asa. clour film as usual. but i use it in a wrong side. nice for redscale result i think. lomolove from indonesia
  29. ozz_rockfriends

ozz_rockfriends

30. ozz_rockfriends

ozz_rockfriends

31. ozz_rockfriends

ozz_rockfriends

32. ozz_rockfriends

ozz_rockfriends

33. ozz_rockfriends

ozz_rockfriends

34. ozz_rockfriends

ozz_rockfriends

35. jelga

jelga

This is such a great rumble with loads and loads of amazing shots! And that's why it's a pity that it's impossible to go through all of them! :( Wouldn't it be possible to use a more viewer friendly presentation system if not for all rumbles at least for extended ones?? I get the feeling that with the current slideshow you only get to see the first few photos repeteadly but you miss on lots of other fine shots just because they were sent in later...what about the old wall lay out? and since im at it, i would also like to ask if it would be possible in the future to install a function allowing comments on individual rumble submissions.
    Thats it. In any case, great work everybody! I just wished I could get to see all 1000+ pics! :)

36. santino5

Lomo Lc-a+
  37. kylewis

kylewis

Well, I've put nine up so far, two of which are portrait and appear to be cut in half!!!
    Why does the "previous image" button not work? much that I would love to sit for an hour and look through 1178 images its not going to happen.

There are an awful lot of 'beta' issues still to be resolved on this site, for one thing the field on the photos does not appear to be a fixed height so it there is a disruptive UI experience with forward and back functionality appearing to jump up and down. This makes it a bit of a game trying to stop it moving on. Perhaps if all images were displayed within a ratio and a link provided to run the gallery as a 'pop up' we could see the images as they were meant to be seen.

Pages don't scale properly, for example if you write at length and then extend the input field you often loose a portion of it and can no longer see it to the right.

While 'beta' is in 'beta' maybe there should be a section for feedback that everyone can see, just so All lomoers can get an opportunity to read what others think and to put forward suggestions. it's all very well sending in ones thoughts but who knows if they are being addressed or even if they have been highlighted by others! repetition being good feedback for you but sometimes a waste of time for us

I'll copy this and send it to the team but I do think there should be a constructive forum for us to help you out!