When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore!
There’s no better city in the world to make up an excuse to eat. Whether it’s that breakfast bagel with lox from Murray’s Bagel in the AM, boozy brunch at Sunburnt Cow in the early afternoon, pastrami sandwich from Katz’s Deli for lunch, Thai food for dinner and Ben’s pizza at 2:00am – New York never lets you down with options.
New York’s known for its food and restaurants but our Foodie LomoLocations are seriously lacking. Help the editors out and submit your favorites…
Best coffee in town
Best cheese burgers & street meat
Best pizza in town
Worth the Splurge
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this week’s theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about New York of course!)
- Just don’t forget to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with 5 piggies.
In New York City, winter has been harsh and long, the nights long and cold, and shooting outside is not fun anymore. So when the Lomo'Instant Boston Edition hit the shelves this week and the new Splitzer arrived at the Lomography Gallery Store New York, we decided to do a round of light painting portraits instead of sunny ones.
Scott Brasher is a fashion street photographer based in New York City. His work has been featured on many media outlets while working with brands like Cover Girl, MTV, Reebok, and Target, among many others. But before this, Scott started shooting in the streets of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, capturing its daily urban fashion. Last month, he took the Petzval Lens to the streets of New York to photograph scenes at the famous New York Fashion Week.
When we get the chance to celebrate Christmas in the city, we like to make it a fancy occasion. That's why this time we grabbed the perfect companion for crisp, Christmassy evenings on the town — the New Petzval Lens! Check out the video below to see just how beautiful this lovely lens can frame your holiday memories!
Something happened on our way to the beach. We were about to hit the surf when we came across a parade of Piggies, all waiting to be spent promptly in the Lomography Online Shop! And now, 10 of these Piggy Points are frolicking in the sand, all yours for the taking! So what are you waiting for? Dive into the Online Shop and pick the item that you’d like to spend your Piggies on.
New York is full of interesting people. Everywhere you look you, will find good-looking, smart, and powerful characters; models, actresses, entrepreneurs, managers, artists. Because of this sometimes it can be a little intimidating for a regular guy in the Big Apple to step up, talk to the girl you like, or make new friends. So here are a few tips, courtesy of the Lomo'Instant, that will help you to break the ice.
New York City-based graphic designer Markus Hartel has a passion for street photography. On one of his last strolls through the city, he captured some scenes on the busy streets with the New Russar+ Lens. Read on to learn about his experience photographing with the Russar+ and get insider info on how it is to be a street photographer in the Big Apple.
The band Wannabe Jalva came all the way from Brazil to be part of the CMJ Music Marathon. We asked the band's members to be part of the LomoAmigo crew and catch a glimpse of the Big Apple, and they documented a week-long stay in New York with a Lomography La Sardina camera.