Commonly known to Manhattanites and New Yorkers simply as <i>The City</i>, the Lomography City Guide New York is in full swing and we're asking our community to help put their individual stamp on it. No matter if you’re a resident or just stopped by for a tasty slice of pizza, what better time than summer to submit a new or old location with existing photos and text.
This week, were focusing on ‘Local Flavor.’ This superbly vibrant section that will showcase what its like to walk the streets of this fine city day-in and day-out. Whether its feeding pigeons in the park, finding alligators in the sewer, spotting a family of tourists with "I <3 NYC” t-shirts or snapping the Naked Cowboy strumming his guitar, get creative and highlight what makes New York, The City!
*People & Characters (everyday folks, local personalities)
*Retail Therapy (local brands, stores, fleamarkets, weekend markets and bazaars)
*Do’s and Don’ts (cultural quirks and practices)
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here.
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this weeks theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about New York of course!)
- Just don’t forget to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with 5 piggies.