It's a mouthful I know but I couldn't come up with a better name!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cardboard box
- Tape (regular scotch tape, to keep the negatives in place and packing tape to tape the box together)
- box cutter
- blank sheet of computer paper/white paper
- digital camera (DSLR works best)
1. tape the box together but leave either the top or bottom open. (just like i have mine)
2. lay a piece of negative on the short side of the box and trace a medium sized window. this will allow you to see the negative through the inside of the box and light the negative from behind.
3. DiRECTLY opposite from the film window, use a sharpie to trace around the circumference of your lens.
4. CAREFULLY use a box cutter to cut out the hole.
5. next, cut out a piece of white paper slightly bigger than the film window. this will act as a diffuser to light the negative. because of you just shine a flash light at your negative, your film is partially lit up.
6. use a small scotch tape to tape the negative to the window and then tape the white piece of paper behind it. (see picture as a reference)
7. either set the box on a table or on the floor next to the wall and position your camera in the lens hole.
8. depending on the zoom of your lens, you should see have a clear shot of the negative.
9. last thing to do is save the digital photos and iNVERT the color in Photoshop or any photo editing program. *if your budget doesn’t include the expensive Adobe Photostop CS3, go to http://pixlr.com/ and click on “Pixlr Editor.”*
Here are my “scans” of the photos I took with my Sprocket Rocket.
mind you, as this is just an inexpensive way to digitalize your film, the results may not be as clear as you want. but what Lomographer cares about clarity, right? (:
Just keep saving for that perfect film scanner and enjoy!
There are quite a few perks that come with working for a film photography company, and the best perk of all is testing out the latest cameras. I can remember buying my LC-A back in 2009 and being really inspired to shoot film again. When the LC-A 120 came along, I couldn't wait to try it out around London. Join me as I test out this super medium format beauty.
The brand new Lomo'Instant Boston Edition hit the shelves around the world this week. In an attempt to celebrate the home of the ol' bean and the cod, we ventured out in search of some classic Boston flair. While we couldn't find a baseball match or a proper clam chowder, we did have a blast chasing red brick walls and spicing up our photo shooting with some iconic American flavors!
Singapore, like Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong, is a likely stopover when you fly far. The city is a tiny urbanized hub but it's very favorable if you know some high-spirited locals. I was lucky to hook up with king kimbo (@hakimbo), who showed me around. He took my lame limbs to the Gardens by the Bay, an amazing place which was visually striking. I was hugging some artificial trees there when I found a baby—a very big baby.
Sira Pocovi, better known in the Lomography community as sirapocovi, is a London-based camera trainee who assists camera crews on film sets. It's no surprise, then, that she's so smitten with the LomoKino! Here, Pocovi opens up on her experiences filming with this camera as well as her project, Lomokovi Films.
Beat the June gloom with some new photographic adventures. With a slew of city-wide street festivals and better weather, we've come up with some fun events this month to keep you inspired. Now, go out and shoot!
Have you been waiting for a good time to load up on films for all your treasured analogue cameras? The time has come with our stunning Advent deal of the day! With our sweet film packs, we make it easy to cache away enough to last the fun and festive parties coming up. Start stashing now by heading over to our Online Shop!
Enjoy shooting amazing 360-degree photographs with the Spinner 360° Camera! It gets even better when you pair it with the Spinner 360° Motorizer - a cool accessory that allows you to shoot from afar and in low-light situations. Get it free when you buy the Spinner 360° until 14th June only!
Do you know the best way to keep a Lomographer happy this holiday season? Load them up with tons of wonderful analogue films for their cameras! With today's awesome Advent deal, you can do it with a 10% discount as well. So head on over to our Online Shop and start the holidays off right.
If you want to know the heart of a person, peek inside his/her wardrobe! And no, nobody famous said that; I only just made it up. But really, don't you think it's true? After all, the way we dress screams our personality; at least for most of us. And that is why, as soon as I land on a new city, one of the things I absolutely must do is find the local boutiques. Sure, I love the fancy chain boutiques as much as the next person, but there's just something else about a local clothing store. It's unique!