Hello there, analogue freaks! Have you heard of stop motion videos using 35mm films? In the Lomographic community, this is popularly known as LomoMatrix. Groups of brilliant analogue photographers in London, Chile, and Berlin have already created their own LomoMatrix masterpieces and all of them are amazing to watch!
Perhaps it’s about time that we have our own version here in Manila! After all, we are hungry for everything that’s Lomo and it would be awesome to take part in the analogue movement! So here is a call-out for willing participants for a LomoMatrix Manila shoot! Please read on to know about the things to consider before joining.
1) Basic stuff you need to have to be able to join:
a) Any 35mm film camera/s
b) Any 35mm film/s – color negatives, color sides, redscales, but not black and white (possible sponsorship/s will be discussed during the meetings)
c) Commitment to this short-term project :)
2) So you have your 35mm goodies and the heart to be in the project, you may now go ahead and fill out the needed details in this public spreadsheet. This is a preliminary sign-up list. There is no limit of participants for this initial list but only those who are willing to and who would be able to attend the meetings are eligible to be considered as official contributors. This is to maximize organization and participation. (After putting your info., don’t forget to SAVE the spreadsheet!)
- Note: The following roles are open for volunteers, just type your desired role beside your name once you fill out the spreadsheet:
a) Actors (the would-be “jumping” stars of the our stop motion film)
b) Video editor
c) Video editor assistant
3) The tentative schedule is:
a) April 30*
- Deadline of the preliminary call-out for participants
b) May 7*
- First meeting with the group, time and venue to be announced
- Delegation of roles
- Brainstorming of ideas for location, materials, theme, etc.
c) May 14 or 21*
- Second meeting (and/or probably a third meeting if still needed), time and venue to be announced
- Finalization and polishing of ideas
d) May 22 or May 28*
- Target date of actual shooting
e) First or second week of June
- LomoMatrix Manila video editing and online-publishing
- Note: Dates may change according to the group’s future discussions.
4) Final participants will be invited to join the LomoMatrix Manila Facebook group to facilitate further discussions and updates regarding the project.
5) This is a non-profit project but participants will be properly credited. We’re just doing this for the love of analogue and to share our passion with the rest of the world. :)
- If you want to ask or clarify anything, you may leave a comment below. Looking forward to see your names in the list! Thank you very much! Ciao. This call-out was originally posted here.