Lomo cameras always come with accessories for more fun. Wide-angle lens and tunnel-vision lens are available for LC-A+. For a lomographer who always thinking of new ideas, an addition close-up lens will be great. Here comes my innovation: my handmade close-up lens~ Easy and cheap!
Lomo cameras are always come with accessories for more fun. Photos by LC-A+, simply without any special effects, are already so attractive! A wide-angle lens and a tunnel-vision lens are available in lomo shop. For a lomographer who always thinking of new ideas, an addition close-up lens will be great for me. That’s why here comes my innovation: my handmade close-up lens~
1. What you need is a LC-A+, a splitzer, some loosen lenses, a pair of scissors, a small saw and a small file.
The splitzer will be modified into a close-up lens!
2. Loosen all the parts of the splitzer.
3. At the top left of the circular part on the mount, cut an opening of 8mm with the saw.
Size of the opening depends on the loosen optical lens.
The opening should be made on the top left instead of right, so not to obstruct the light sensor and the focusing control of the LC-A+.
4. File and smoothen the opening.
5. Shorten the metal ring of the loosen part of the splitzer with a pair of scissors, resulting a gap of 8mm after fitting back on the mount.
6. Find or buy some loosen optical lenses with power depending how much focusing distance you want. Work it out by what you have learn in your physics/optics class~
For me, I have is set at 0.8m.
It’s worth taking your first photo to verify the resulting focusing distance.
7. Plug in the loosen optical lens and metal ring back onto the mount.
The metal ring is there to prevent the loosen lens from falling out.
8. Finished! Here is my close-up lens!
Easy and cheap! What only cost is the optical loosen lenses which only need less than HKD100 for one piece. We have a multifunction mount now! Simply loosen and plug in any parts whenever you need a splitzer or different close-up lenses. Let’s think of fitting in something else for more fun!