<b>NYC Photo Rumble Extended</b>
NYC Photo Rumble Extended
New Yorkers don’t mess around. We asked you for photos for our new Lomowall (coming soon to a New York City destination near you), and so far you’re coming through like we knew you would!
So now we’re going to extend the deadline until Halloween, to give you time to dig deep into your archives and find your greatest Big Apple photos!
But we’re also going to ask you for some specifics, because we really want our Lomowall to show all the multitudes of this melting-pot on the Hudson.
So here’s what we’re looking for:
- Portraits of typical New Yorkers, but don’t hold back on the freaks! You know that guy who jogs around the city day and night in pantyhose? Or that (almost) naked cowboy in Times Square? The guy in the $2000 suit (sobbing) on Wall Street? We want to see them all!
- Shots of typical landmarks – Flatiron anyone? Lady Liberty? Rockefeller Center? The Cyclone?
- NY fireman, police, security men, other people in uniforms – show us New York’s finest in all their glory!
- Typical NY shop facades – the face of the city!
- NY animals – That’s right, we want the pigeons, rats, black squirrells, and alligators in the sewers!
- NY & music – Remember CBGB’s? We’d like to.
- NY black and white shots – Like Woody in Manhattan we romanticize our city way out of proportion, and admit it, so do you!
- NY construction – Building by building, the city is always changing, and we want to see how it’s happening!
- Harlem, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island – Don’t forget our neighbors too!
- NY and religion – In a city like New York, faith comes in handy! Show us how people express their faith in NYC.
- Ethnic NY – Nowhere on the planet has the vast ethnic and cultural diversity of New York City. From Korea Town to Little Italy to South Williamsburg, we want to taste every morsel of our cultural stew.
- Photo formats – Landscape, square, Horizon
And here’s a little tip… we’re hoping you will tag your photos so we can find them easier in our archives. Yeah, we know we’re putting you to work here. But if you could be so kind as to go to your beta home after you’ve uploaded and tag your photos with the categories above (and anything else that would make your photo easier to find later) we’ll be very grateful. We may even throw a few extra piggies at anyone who shows some serious tagging initiative! We’re sure to look a little longer at your photos if you do (hint hint).
Soon there will be a NYC Lomowall that will be a mecca for New Yorkers and world travelers alike. Be a part of it! Submit your photos now!
And we didn’t forget the goods for this rumble. The best photo will receive 15 crunchy piggy points for our shop, and 3 runners-up will be munching on 10 tasty piggies each!