Always wondered how certain images are made? Well now's your chance to try out some tutorials and get some fabulous prizes! Read after the jump for more details on this experimental competition!
Lomography and Phototuts+ have joined forces to bring you the first ever Try That Tutorial competition! We know you are experiment fiends and are always looking for cool ways to make different pictures, so aside from learning some new tips and tricks, we are giving you the chance to win some exciting prizes! So, what do you have to do?
- Head over to PhotoTuts+ and find an analogue photography tutorial you want to try out!
- Go outside, or stay inside, depending on the tutorial and try it out! Make as many pictures as possible!
- Choose your best results from the lot
- Upload them here in this competition post, make sure the link to the tutorial you chose is in the description of the picture
- Enter a chance to win some awesome prizes!
The Grand Prize winner will get:
- A Spinner 360°
- A one year Premium Membership to PhotoTuts+ and a $40 Marketplace credit!
Second Place will get:
- A Diana Mini
- A 6 month Premium Membership to PhotoTuts+ and a $40 Marketplace credit!
Third Place will get:
- 20 PIggy Points
- $40 Marketplace credit at PhotoTuts+
- Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated. Please keep in mind of our ’Photo Tuts tutorial’ photo theme.
- Upload Limit: 5 photos
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 800px in either width or height.
- Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)
Want some suggestions? Cameron Knight from PhotoTuts+ recommends:
New to Lomography? That’s ok, we can help you get in our community right away! It’s quick and easy, and you’ll join a dynamic, passionate group of Lomographers!
Nice, sign me up!
Phototuts+ is a source of learning on all aspects of photography. If you love photography, you will find a treasure trove of useful advice at Phototuts+. Check out our monthly PhotoTuts+ tipster feature ! Also, keep an eye out on Phototuts+ as they will be featuring one Lomography tipster a month yours could be the lucky one!