Your precious Lomographs are great to look at on their own. With an old mirror, a bit of paint and a little time, you can flaunt your photo as a finer piece of home décor and make an absolute spectacle out of it!
What you need:
• An old mirror you’ve gotten tired of
• Your desired photo
• Acrylic spray paint of your desired color
• Glue tack
• Old newspapers
• Wax paper or tracing paper
1. Place the wax paper or tracing paper on top of the mirror. Trace the slot of the mirror where the photo will be placed. After getting the measurement, cut the photo according to size.
2. Cover the mirrored portion with old newspapers (in case you’d like to see your mug on it again and reuse it).
3. Spray-paint the frame with long, even strokes. Let it dry for about 10 minutes per coat. Here, I used three coats.
4. Let dry for half a day.
4. Insert your photo in the slot for the mirror. If needed, secure the photo in place with a glue tack adhesive.
5. Display your mirror-frame anywhere in your home (or workplace) for everyone to admire. Prepare for the onslaught of oohs and aahs you’ll be receiving from friends and family.
-Mirrors like these are usually found in thrift stores, swap meets or your grandma’s attic
-Feeling extra adventurous? Go wild with your spray-paint color choice! Hot Pink, Traffic Light Red, or Egg Yolk Yellow. These colors will also go well with your Black and White photos.
-Coloring is not limited to one solid hue…feel free to do splatters and blots for a truly one-of-a-kind effect.