Scrapbooking is a fun and creative phenomenon. It’s a fantastic activity that’s constantly growing in popularity and just so happens to be the perfect way of keeping track of your Lomo adventures! We’re going to give you a quick guide to the world of scrapbooking. It's super-easy to do and the best way to make sure that you never forget another LOMO moment ever again!
Guide to Scrapbooking:
Although we might think of scrapbooking as a fairly hip and modern activity – the idea actually stretches back a long, long way! Little ‘commonplace’ books existed in England, all the way back in the 15th century. People would fill these little paper books with poems, recipes, ideas, doodles – anything that was unique to their particular loves or interests. I’m sure if they had Lomo back then, they’d probably be jam-packed with cross processed LC-A+ shots of the latest Shakespeare play or their best friend having a joke fight with a knight – but as it was they made do with other things.
Anyways – as time moved on, people were able to get a lot more creative with what they stuck in these little books. The advent of affordable photography in the 1900s meant that people could finally insert their own personal snapshots into these little memory books. This meant a revolution in scrapbooking!
Nowadays scrapbooking is loved throughout the world, with people often inserting things that remind them of a special occasion or memory – photographs, old ticket stubs, a leaf from that special tree?! Anything at all! It’s a really fun, inexpensive way of getting creative and making sure you never forget those special moments. And at the end of it all you’ve got a great personal keepsake that you can either keep for yourself or give to someone special.
It’s also the perfect way to keep track of those Lomographic adventures. Been out on a photo shoot? Then why not paste in your pictures with maps and other memorabilia from your day-out shooting. Scribble down which film you used or what settings you chose for each shot. It’s a great way to record the ins and outs of your Lomo life! Never miss a beat.
What to Put in Your Scrapbook: Some Ideas
- If you’re using a camera with manual shutter speeds such as the Lubitel 166U you might want to note down which settings you’ve used. It’ll help you to remember what you used and can come in really useful!
- Put in your photo prints! (This one’s pretty obvious!)
- Why not place maps of where you’ve been on your Lomorific adventure? That way you won’t forget how you got to that crazy part of town where you made all those great shots!
- Little ticket stubs or calling cards look great in your scrapbook.
- Keep a track of your thoughts, it’s always nice to look back and see what you were thinking when you took which shot.
- Usually forget which film you’ve been using? Why not just stick the little cardboard box in with your pictures! That way, you definitely won’t forget!